Pregnancy 35+ Community
trying to conceive at 44

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

trying to conceive at 44

I am a health 44 yr old trying to conceive any advice is welcomed. Thx. U
use ovulation calendar or tests to keep log of fertile days, have sex every other day around this time.. Start on pre natal vitamins and try to keep healthy diet..wishing you best of luck..
I like to temp.  It helps you figure out if and when you ovulated and when you should get your period (after you figure out your normal luteal phase).  Also you can tell if you're pregnant when the temps stay up instead of falling.  I was taking a baby aspirin and prenatal vitamin most every day.  I was getting a little lax lately cause I was starting to give up hope.  Last pregnancy, I also used preseed. Sending you loads of baby dust!
Try IVF I am also 44 years old I did three rounds of IVF and the last one I had lost faith and here I am six weeks pregnant
Have fun, fun, fun while trying and don't think so much about it....it'll happen :)

I'm also 44 and I am now 7.5 wks prego!!! :) :)

I conceived first try with my 2 year old.  Also,  conceived first try again and im currently a little over 12 weeks pregnant.  Im 39 years old and will give birth a month before my 40th b-day.  

With the currently pregnancy, I didn't use an ovulation kit,  but looked for the ewcm and bed on that day.  That was all it took.  However,  im very healthy. When I conceived I walked everyday, took vitamins.  Also,  I don't smoke and don't drink any caffeine whatsoever.   I did drink alcohol a week before conceiving and the day of,  then haven't had any since.  

Also,  I do not take any medicine.  Very rarely acedamenifine (spelling?).
I don't want to scare you but conceiving at 44 is very rare. It can happen but no matter what you try it probably won't happen naturally. I am 44 with a 2.5 years old and I gave up trying for #2 (had a miscarriage at 42 last year).
What should your temp be when u r ovulating or u think u r pregnant???
I am 40 and i am 7 weeks.  I used the app my days and tracked my cycles and when my husband and i had sex.  Took six months after iud removal.  Goodluck and think positive.
Keep an eye on your ovulation period and have sex every second day.  Healthy diet and habits are very important. I'm 42 and 7 weeks pregnant. It took me 3 months trying to get pregnant. A friend of mine had her 1st at 43 and 2nd at 45 both naturally. If you're trying for a while and it's not happening don't waste time and start to think about IVF.
Hi!
How are you, what is your news? Hope you are pregnant already.If so, congratulations!!! If you are still trying, Good luck!!!

Sending lots of love and hugs to you.You are in my prayers.