Pregnancy 35+ Community
went er now more worried

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

went er now more worried

So ended up at er due to bleeding and cramping. Blood work came back fine, cervix closed, some dried blood and new blood seen but no pain when pushed on abdomin (abdomen). Wants to set up a ultrasound for next week. Then told me couldnt say if I was going to miscarry, watch blood, sumptoms, or different mucus. then discussed tubal pregnancy and can be life threatening. I'm even more worried than when I went in. First pregnancy what do I take from all this?
How far along are you?
did they see a heartbeat at all or even a sac?
No-one can say for certain you won't miscarry. At 6 weeks the risk is still there regardless of what you're experiencing now. You're armed with all the info on what to look out for so best thing to do is keep your feet up and rest. Try not to stress about it as that really won't help and has been shown to be linked to problems. Keep your fluid levels up. I hope they schedule the ultrasound for early next week to put your mind at ease. If it is tubal they will see this week and be able to go through what needs to happen. At your early stage you will be fine if there is a problem. Best wishes x
Thanks for the responses. Still no call for ultra sound but hope sooner than later.
It sounds like a threatened miscarriage. They may even  have used that term. It's actually really common. I went hrough it. The ultrasound will let you know most answers. Sooner the better for that. I was told contrary to what the er doc said, to go on almost bed rest. It slowed the bleeding to an almost stop.
I don't understand why they didn't do an ultrasound at the ER. I went last night due to spotting that today has turned to bleeding, I'm cramping lightly. I had an US and vaginal Us al well. Blood work came back fine, no ectopic preg. But he didn't hear the heartbeat he said it was too soon too tiny, there's definitely a sac. I don't know wat to make of this. Im bleeding like a period.
Update?  How are you doing?
Hi everyone. Had the ultrasound andthings are ok. I saw the heartbeat that made me cry and got a picture.  They think it might of been implantation bleeding.  Asked to watch symptoms and slow down jst a bit. The bleeding has stopped and I feel fine now.  Thanks for the support.
So glad to hear you and baby are OK. Lots of rest and taking it easy will make all the difference. Whenever you feel like you're getting stressed just rub your tummy. Works for me to quickly Gert rid of work stress :-) best wishes x
So glad everything is OK