Pregnancy 35+ Community
what goes around comes around

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

what goes around comes around

So when I found this site I was very unaware that it was for "pregnant women" only. I see that there are plenty of rude and very callous women here and that is very sad. We all have questions and if we were in the wrong forum so be it. Like I said in my post before it would be nice to find out if any women went through any of the things that I have gone through. But since a lot of the ladies apparently feel that they are above others I am gladly dismissing myself. I don't wish bad things for anyone but I'm a firm believer of what goes around comes around. To all others who have questions please try to find somewhere more informative and respectful! Because a lot of these ladies either are letting the pregnancy get them or just plain old have sticks up their snobby *****! I bid you all farewell.
I have had people be rood  to me to but I just set them aside,  I have been following your progress and hate to see u leave, but understand also if this is not what u r looking for. I do not know any other forms to go to for help and questions like we have.  I wish u the best of luck.    
Thanks Mia. If I find a better one I will come look for you here. U keep smiling ladybug.
I am fairly new here, it looked like we joined close to the same time, Im sorry you feel like you arent getting any help.
Wasn't looking for help, just had questions that I thought experienced pregnant women could relate to and maybr share their stories. But because they have already conceived they chose to try to make people feel bad. I mean some of us have taken test and just want to know if someone possibly  has gone through the same thing and things of that nature. But some feel like we need to be in another forum yet I feel like who better to ask than someone who has been down that road.Fyi I got a very faint positive a few minutes ago but I will test again in the am to be sure.
You two ladies are really sweet and I hope all works out for you as well. Let no one or nothing stand in your way of being who you are and getting what you deserve....bfp! Much baby dust to you ladies!
I am on my fifth pg now, Usally I felt round ligament pains and knew to test then, i was about 3 weeks along when i found out on babys 1,2, 4 and 5 (4 and 5 are twins tho) However with my second son I had all the feelings of pg and thought i was but my home tests came up neg untill i was 6 weeks along. Not sure why, even asked my ob and didnt get any real answers besides not to worry all was well. That drove me crazy.
Im happy to hear you have a pos result. Im not sure what area you are in, but I didnt have insurence either and in my state didnt qualify for help with it. Once I had a pos result tho it greatly changes the guidlines and am now covered thank heavens.
Its funny cause what I knew wasn't my period was very light and I have been spotting for a couple of days now. I had been testing with the $ tree brand and it kept coming up negative. I purchased an ept yesterday and got the faint line so I'm thinking maybe the hcg is just climbing slowly. Gonna take another just to be sure. My breast tenderness is subsiding but I have this weird taste in my mouth that I just can't get rid of. Don't know what that's about.
That insurance thing is crazy. I'm in Georgia. I'm hoping when I take this test in the morning it will be the same. I've been taking prenatals too.
So funny my tests were $ store also and i took 2 because my result lines were comming up way darker than my test line.
My ob is a nut (had the same one for 18 years now) and calls me "fertal mertal" because for some reason my hcg usally goes hi fast, and the sono is the best tool they have for predictions on my little ones.
They say when u get pregnant some women get this taste in their mouth like sucking on a penny???  I have a weird taste in my mouth to sometimes,  I keep thinking its all in my head.  Idk.  I feel like I'm going crazy.  And when I get on here to ask questions to see if people have experienced the same thing,  I get people who just say we're not Dr's, take a test.  We aren't wanting u to tell us if we r pregnant,  just looking for people who might have experienced the same thing and found out that they were pregnant or if we r crazy....I have asked a thousand times about my periods and how odd they have been the last 2 months, and has anyone experienced something similar and come up pregnant after getting BFN's time after time.  I also have no insurance and can't go to the dr right now. I am just like u MrsSkinner  I know I'm pregnant and I feel I'm going crazy.....
Its ok mia just wait it out a little bit. Maybe start taking prenatals just in case but don't get discouraged.I see you have experience with the not so nice ones too. Michelle....you go girl! How many kids do you have? I have a 10 year old daughter.
Congrats. I got a flat line on four test this pass week. But I never believe it. Took one last night, and it was positive. Another thirty min later it was positive and another this morning. Go to the doc in the morning. Im super excited. My symptoms we're menstrual cramps tender breast , and I soirees for an hour today due to implantation
I am sorry to hear that people have been rude to you. That is awful :(
That taste you are tasting sounds like what I had. It tasted like I had been sucking on pennies. Nothing could get rid of that metal taste in my mouth. It lasted for about the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy. It is sure sounding like you are pregnant :) I used the cheap dollar store pregnancy tests as well, and as very faint positives, and they were correct.
I wish you all the best. I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy :)
Thank you cutter. That taste is weird.I mean even after I eat something or brush my teeth, it comes back . Yuck! The dollar store ones keep coming back negative. And the ept was very faint. Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies!congratulations alegaux!
Maybe I should stick around with you ladies for while to see how everything works out for all of you and be here if for nothing else a support buddy! Cyber group hug!: )
Yep! That s exactly what I experienced. Didn't matter what I ate, or drank or how many times I brushed my teeth, it didn't make a difference.
I just hope you don't get morning sickness. I suffered terribly with it. Of course the metal taste didnt help!
Please keep us informed on how things are going. :)
Hope u stick around. That s terrible about how Some are. I never heard about thee Penny thing before. Goodd luck. I'm more of a readerr than poster. Been around for 8 months
Julz....its ok to be observant. Maybe I should have done the same. But now I have met some ladies that make me want to stick around and ignore the rest. I really appreciate each and everyone of you! If you need me I will be here! :)
What r round ligament pains???
Its kinda like a pulling' stretching,crampy type pain. Uterus/ pelvic area.
It's horrible.
Round ligament pain had me worried a few times that one thing might be wrong, cause of the crampy feeling.  I mainly had it on my right side low down and in my hip area.
I was relieved when I went to obgyn and they assured me it was a normal part of uterus growth.
Urgh I still get that vile taste. Its so horrid, makes me gag. I'm almost 17 weeks on number 5. X

Yay! I'm glad to hear you got a positive test. My breast tenderness cane and went too. I'm 28 weeks now and just have nipple sensitivity so I don't think there's any reason to be concerned for that. I'm sorry for your negative experience here. I don't get on everyday, I homeschool and have been helping to take care of another pregnant lady on bed rest. I haven't seen the comments, but I know people can be snarky. Don't let it ruffle your feathers, we still want to follow your story. Best of luck to ya.
I'm so sorry about the negativity. I've seen exactly what you are saying. It's really terrible. I hope you stick around and ignore the bad. Congratulations! Oh I also know that bad taste. It's almost like coins in your mouth. Yuck! I've had it too many times. I'm on baby 8. I'm 11 weeks and still dying from this morning sickness. Anybody know anything to help me out let me know. Zofran is not working for me.
The only thing that helped my morning sickness was having crackers and water by my bed so I could eat a little someting before getting up and then ginger. I ate ginger root and candy, I also chewed ginger gum. I could not get too hungry or I was sick no matter what. I had to snack every couple hours. And so far I have gained 0 pounds, so all of the eating hasn't hurt me. Good luck.
Morning all! Good to hear from my positive people. Woke up,brushed my teeth and that taste is still there .....gross! Not sure if my cramping was round ligament pain but I have been having cramping as well. Doesn't really hurt but it can get uncomfortable.Anybody ever have strange dreams?
Cramping in early pregnancy is very normal, i had tons of it with baby 3.  Good luck.
Good morning, I have all sons 9,7, and twins 4. But i would have also had a 10 yr old son had all gone well my first time. I have never had the funny taste but I have a good friend that has had it with all 6 of hers, idk if it works but she swears by yogurt to temp get the taste away.
Yeah. Its like when I eat it goes away but when I'm done it comes right back! Its disgusting!
round ligament pains are pretty much crampy pains that can go from your stomach thru your vaginal area and even into the upper legs. Its just the uterus streaching but it can be so touchy and painfull. My first pg I got them and freaked out not knowing what was wrong with me, but it seems i had gotten them each time now.
yuck, happy thats one symptom i havent had. Probably would have brought on the morning sickness for me.
Could any one tell me why the end of my nipples r white. Looks a like little white spots in them sometimes to???  Anyone had that????
Hey....what part of Georgia r u from. My reason for asking is b/c there are some places where u can go and have lab work done for those who do not have insurance.  I didn't know if u were close 2 Augusta or not. Good luck.
I'm seven weeks preg with my fourth. .I too have a wierd taste in my mouth that..I can't get rid of...kinda like when u have a cold and can't really taste what ur eating. .between that and being nausea. .all the time ..takes the fun outta eating! I would wait maybe a day or two and re test. You less likely to get a false positive then a false negative! When I tested the line was faint but deff was there! Hang in here..there's always some bee oches in a crowd of women ..butt surely we're not all bad! Congrats:-)
Mrs. Skinner, there is another app that I use that is so much more informative and the ladies are very friendly, too. It's called "Happy Pregnancy". Try it out and good luck :)
@mia86, the same thing happens to my nipples. I've asked on other apps and was told that it was the milk accumulating. Do you leak, too? I do. If I'm cold or my nipples get very sensitive, that's when the tips are white. Other than that, they look red. Don't know if that helps you any.
Thanks ladies! I didn't test today but that taste is still in my mouth. Now I hear your nipples are supposed to get darker but mine did the opposite and I got the white bumps and my left breast is bigger than the right. Lol. I'm glad that you ladies are so sweet. Makes me feel better. Thanks Jesscar, skyler and missthang for all your input. Any news yet mia?
totally normal. The white marks are usally because your starting  to produce milk and it will open your milk ducts somewhat. once the milk gets to the end it will dry and apear white but since it hasnt actually been expressed you wont feel the moisture from it or anything yet.
My nipples didn't start to get darker until almost 20 weeks. I think it is different for everyone.
I havent had the coin taste thing...but the round ligament pain and sore boobs! Wow...thats been the worst. I kind of went on the middle of the road on the hpt's. I didnt get the big name but didnt get the dollar store. I went to a grocery/dept store here in canada and got their store brand....and it was a for sure positive. Its intresting how everybody is different with symptoms. People are rude....this should be a positivr place for support. Dont let the rude ones get you down....good luck...i enjoy all of your updates girls!!
No not any news,  just posted again questions,  been hours and nothing.  Just looking for other people who might have same symptoms.  I have no insurance.  Just paying close attention to my body and changes.  I feel I am like u MrsSkinner,  but all the test I have taken are BFN.  Haven't taken test for approx 12 days.  Am gonna try and wait till expected AF again.  And just keep asking about my weird symptoms.   I do have a question.  When u have a clear discharge after going pottie which I did today, filled TP.  Do u have it every time u go or just sometimes,  because it was only that one time today.
Michelle81781 u said round liniment pains go from your stomach thru your vagina and sometimes Into the legs.   I was laying here thinking,  the other day I had a pain in my Lower stomach that shot right thru my vagina, it hurt so bad,  and it happened a few more times after that one.  Haven't had any since, just dull like pains In My lower stomach now.  Dies that sound like round ligament pains????
I know what you mean sometimes MrsSkinner, i find myself on the pregnancy forum for 18-24 year olds most of the time cause it seems your questions are more likely to be answered, and a bit more support. But i would rather be around my own age group though, as the younger ones have alot of problems with their boyfriends, baby daddy's and breaking up etc, which is totally ok, but i am a bit past all that and would like to share and hear of other women's experiences of the same age. There are some really nice women on here though, so please stick around!!
Thirdtimemum I tooootally understand.Im past all the things that they go through but they seem way more willing to at least socialize than our age group. Mia! If AF doesn't come I think you should start prenatals just to be safe. I mean, you have a lot of symptoms! And I have read that it can take some of us a while to test positive! I'm having cramping as well and no bleeding. Haven't tested again yet but I am sure the test that I took was accurate and gonna wait til Friday to do another. Already started prenatals so......
sounds like it, they can be sharp or dull and aching. Can show up anytime, but i have noticed either layn down and during intercorse they seem more likely. Mostly because anything that utalizes those muscles that are tring to streach can bring it on (like orgasm ect)
I should start on the 4th or 7th.  My dog is so on edge today,  just won't lay down if he does its not for long.  It's like he's paceing (sp) back and forth.  He's driving me crazy...  Do u think it has to do with me.????  Just wondered.  And I haven't told anyone this on this site, don't wan to be judged, sorry,  but I am a smoker, and this morning it made me soooo dizzy I fell into the door when I came Inside, could hardly stand up straight,  not making me sick,  just made me really dizzy. And off an on dull cramping still.  I cant to go get a HPT. because  my car is broke down right now, but will try to get my parents car tomorrow and get out!!!!!  Some input on this please!!!  Thank you

Mia! I feel you on the dog thing too ! My dog threw up twice this morning and he has never thrown up in the year and a half we have had him . When you smoke do you mean cigarettes or recreational? Either way if you think and feel you are you may want to cut back for baby.
Cigarettes.  And Michelle talked about the cramping thing and I thought she said sex brought it on more.  If that is what she said,  I noticed that after wards my stomach hurts so bad, when I press on it, and also the dull cramping I have had off and on lately.  I used to smoke a pack a day.  Lately it only been like 4 or 5 a day.  (Not packs) But this morning just was crazy,  how dizzy I was.  
im not a smoker so the only thing i know about ciggs is when your pg you can be more sensitive to the tobaco, it can be like like going from lts to regular or switching to menthol you can get dizzy in the begaining, only its your body that made the switch not the ciggs. On the other topic, when you have sex the muscles in the uterus tighten when you experence pleasure so if the muscles are allready streaching to accomidate for the growing baby it can give you painfull sensation. Dosent hurt anything with the baby just painfull until your body has a chance to chtch up and adjust to everything. For afew months I get round ligament pains allmost daily.
I never thought of the dog being effected by my pg, but he has been throwing up on and off for afew weeks, had him looked at and the vet said hes fine. I wonder if it is connected
Wow right? My dog threw up a few times this week and last week. Crazy.
I come from the SA community and when I first came over to the pregnancy communities I was shocked at some of the posts that I saw. It made me thankful for having my SA buddies to back me up. I have made a few close friends on this forum and the miscarriage one~but really only one that cares about me and vise versa. I am not sure what it is about this forum. But I see your point completely. Ive seen your posts but felt that I was not "experienced" enough to comment on them. I am 39yrs old and got pregnant for the very first time ever in Nov and miscarried on 12/11/12 after a horrifying 3 weeks. I am still traumatized by what I went thru at the doctors. I am hoping all the best for you!! I think this will be our year-meaning you too!! I plan to start trying again in Mar/April. I still have not had a period but I did ovulate 1/11/13 per the OPK. So who knows what is going on...I hope that you get a BFP! Sending you sticky baby dust! ((hugs))
Im a smoker too! When I was pregnant for that short time I tried to cut back and it was so hard. My plan is to stop soon before we try again. I hope I can. Its hard. Really hard,,I know.
My heart goes out to you, I also lost my first child, at 20weeks. It hurts in a way that i could never describe. hugs
I also lost my first baby about 24 years ago and it was the most painful thing I have ever went thru,  especially because the hospital I was in when I woke up, in my room after my DNC I was in a room and In the corner was a wooden baby cradle.  I was angry,  also lost my 3rd child with a miscarriage. They r very painful and hard.  I feel for all u women who have ever experienced this. I defenately do not feel my age at all.  And hope that this is something that GOD has givin me,  I hope and pray that it Is real,  all of u women give me such hope,  baby dust to all. And will continue to ask questions stupid or not and get advise from all of u.  Just please bare with me....I know this sounds stupid by I went I to the bathroom tonight and just stared at myself,  what has changed.  I still see the white in my nipples and some in my areolas. I hope this is a good sign,  
Awww! Cyber hugs for you all! I too experienced miscarriage and I try my hardest to not be paranoid about getting pregnant again! I'm so glad I posted why I did. Finally found some women who are sweet supportive and need support as well. I'm glad I didn't leave.
I'm glad u didn't leave either,  I hope we continue to ask each other and give each other support.  I'm glad u r here.
I am happy you decided to stay, I think we all found a good group of friends with your post to share concerns and joys with.
Yes indeed.
I just want to tell you girls, don't give up!!! Although i have never had a problem with conceiving i have experienced 2 m/c, and my new partner was told his chances of becoming a father were very slim due to bad sperm morphology. We are both 37, and just as we relaxed about it all and thought we'd try IVF, bam! Pregnant! I couldn't believe it at first, for the first 4 days i got negatives on the pg tests, and then had spotting on and off between weeks 5 and 7. Even when i did get a positive 5 days later at the doctor's it was very faint, and took about 2-3 min to show up. Doc wasn't even really convinced at first either and said we'll do bloods to know for sure. The whole pregnancy has felt surreal, but truly is a miracle i thank god for everyday. I am so praying for you ladies to get that BFP!!
Awwww! Thanks ladybug!
R u from Augusta Ga?
No. I'm actually from California.I live in jonesboro. Augusta is about 2 hours away.
Thank you for your suggestions. I've tried all of those and none of them work for me. The only thing I have been able to eat is popcorn and I can only drink water. For the past couple days i've been feeling even worse. The doctor keeps saying any day it should go away but it doesnt feel like it. I'm worried because I've had hyperemesis in the past and this feels very similar.
My dog,  I took him out to pee,  he has food and water,  and he just sits there and stares at me, I don't know what is wrong with him.  He sleeps with me all night. There he is again just staring at me.  I went out not to long ago and smoked while he peed and I was so dizzy for about a good minute,  I have smoked for years and NEVER had this problem,  also I have lately noticed and no I'm not sick in any way my eyes, they have more yuck in them and NEVER have that.  Am I just being paranoid???  Do I want this to bad,???   I feel I'm going crazy!!!  I don't have the normal symptoms.  I'm not sick,  no soar boobs.  Just unusual periods, thirsty more than usual, dull cramps, my eyes, I can eat and want to raid the kitchen again not long after again. Slippery when wiping after I pee, dry crusty nose all the time, more mucus in throught(so) and IM NOT SICK IN ANY WAY...  White in the end of my nipples, what is wrong with me????  
So glad you didn't leave!! As for the bad taste in your mouth: I've heard  you can try on lemons, oranges, lemonade, minty gum. gargling salt, and foods marinated in vinegar, such as pickles. The only one I've tried was the pickles and it actually worked.
Im glad you ladies are all still here!! So Im gonna ask a dumb question. My miscarriage was 12/11/12. I still have not started my period. On 1/11/13 I had a positive OPK. But,,no I did not BD with my hubby as we were instructed to wait a few cycles. When should I get a period? Roughly..?
hmmmm. It may be a little off because of the m/c. Id give it another two weeks to get things back to normal.
I actually tried rite away when I lost my first child and by my 6 week pp i was allready 2 weeks pg so i never really cycled. but it can take 2-3 cycles from what im told.
Mrs.Skinner
My reason for asking is b/c there is a place n Augusta called Augusta Care Pregnancy that assists those who may not have insurance. Good Luck!
Question MrsSkinner, Michelle,  my temp was 99.4 this afternoon,  is that a good sign,  just wondering..  I know your not Dr's. just need input if u have heard anything like that.  

Well missthang that's too far for me and I got my bfp this am and got an appointment to confirm it here so I appreciate the info. Mia I'm not really sure about the temps .I never charted mine. I just hear that if it stays high more than a certain amount of days then thats a good sign
So you're pregnant?? Congratulations!! Please keep us updated.
I am so excited for u MrsSkinner,  congratulations.  Woo hoo, that is great news.  Please keep us posted.  
It is good, mine was slightly elevated the whole week i was wondering if i was before i tested.
Thats great, Im so happy you got the results you were looking for. Just goes to show we ladys know our bodys better and sooner than those tests lol. Please keep us updated.
I go on the 6th for my first regular apt, will get to hear heartbeat, and first sono pix to give me my exact due date. I cant wait!