Pregnancy 35+ Community
will baby withdrawal from pain meds a birth

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

If i have been taking hydrocodone for 1 week and will have stopped taking it for 4 days before giving birth, will my baby go through withdrawls when born?
Hi Frolove,
Whenare you giving birth?
How long will you have been on hydro by the time you give birth?
If it is only a  few weeks, I would say no...its all good.
Hydo is very addictive (been there due to illness) but if it is within a certain time period, baby will be fine.
why do you need to take it, by the way?
Good luck!
hi
i have been taking it for 1 week and  will be done tomorrow ( sat 9/5 ) for bad back pain  and i just found out my dr want to induce me on wed 9/9.  i will be off of it for 4 days before i give birth and i just wanted to make sure my baby won't be going through withdrawals after he is born. i know i will be fine and wont have withdrawals, i am worried for him.  i wasn't taking it for long so i think he will be fine, i am just worried and thought maybe someone else had gone through the same thing. i know its really addictive thats why i was thinking he could have withdrawals.
thank you for your response
BTW i sprained my L5 part of my spine in  march and this last month of pregnancy has been really hard on my back. thats why i was taking them now
I don't think your baby will experience any withdrawal symptoms in light of the fact that you've only taken hydrocodone for a week.  I'm so sorry for your sprain!  I deal w/chronic pain - I had to take pain meds throughout my entire pregnancy for a neck fusion.

I did go through the same thing - Noah had a few withdrawal signs the first week but it was slight especially in comparison w/what I took and the fact that I took it my entire pregnancy.
Frog..
The baby will be FINE!!!
One week is nothing!!!
No worries!
Congrats and cannot wait to hear about the new arrival!
thank you mama and coop, i feel alot better :)