I had my tuabl ligation 3 1/2 years ago... wondering if Im pregnant
I had my tubal done during the c-section of my son 3 1/2 years ago. This week I have noticed that my breasts are swollen and tender...just like when I was pregnant with both of my children. I have also had to pee all the time and have been excessivley hungry. I have heard that there is a higher failure rate if done at the same time as a c-section, but do not know if there is any truth behind it. None of my symptoms are normal for me before my period. I should start my period in the next week, so it is too early to have missed it. I do not want to go to the Dr. because chances are slim that I am pregnant and it is always a hassle to drag my kids to my Dr. appointments.

How early do home tests detect pregnancy? Are failure chances higher with c-sections? I am so confused!
Hi mommyof2wa:)

You are right when you say there is a higher failure rate during the time of a C-section.  I would wait to miss your period before testing with a HPT.  Also, keep in mind that HPT don't always work with women who have had tubals, so bloodwork and an ultra sound are your next best bet.  If it turns out that your not pregnant, then I would do some hormone testing.  God Bless!!!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
michelle6462 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 07
Dawnandhubby4ever is ...relaxing at home Comment
Sep 10
Dawnandhubby4ever joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 10