Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
??????? Help

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

??????? Help

I ALWAYS run a 25 day cycle.  so this month I have had strange symptoms, and was suppost to start my period yesterday on the 8th,  nothing yet. This is very uncommon for me,  I took a test 3 days before my period it came out negative,  have gotten so many BFN, and afraid to take another,  how long should I wait to take another if I don't start soon????
Remember bfn is really a bfm (a maybe!) so your not out yet. I wouldn't be able to resist doing one tomorrow! Good luck x

(I had bfn 2days before and only really faint bfp 2days after.)
Avatar n tn
I totally understand how you feel. I'm kinda in the same boat. I haven't even taken a test , just spotting period, weird cramping in my pelvic area , etc. maybe wait a bit and take another. I would love to hear your update!
It should show up by now, try to take it first thing in morning, or try not drinking anything for 2 hours then try.
Yeah I have read not to drink ALOT of water and caffeine the night before and that us hard for me because I either eating ice drinking coffee or hot cocoa   So that could maybe delute the test ya think????   I am so gonna try to wait till Sunday if jot I will surely update everyone on if I get a BFN.  BFP.   Or a period.   Thank you.  It's so hard to wait....  I just do not want to be disappointed again
Going to Walmart tonight the Delima  is do I buy one now or try to wait till the weekend to get one.  What to do,  what to do ???  Lol
I have a question....  If I go by the first day of my last period, then Saturday would be 4 weeks.  If I test today which is the 10th would that be to early even though today I am 3 days late on my cycle???  I don't want to test to early even though I am having NO SYMPTOMS of a period coming on..  
Avatar n tn
I hear ya......Im thinking I should wait for my next cycle. Im frustrated because I'm having cramping (light....doesn't hurt at all) but I'm not peeing a lot, no sore boobs , no nausea. I hate waiting but I'm hoping for the best. I'm looking forward to your results!
Avatar n tn
You should be able to test now. Make sure you test with your first morning urine. Good luck! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!
was at Walmart and walked over to the HPT isle and walked away,  then back, then away.  Then back and grabbed one after all that.  Lol.  Couldn't decide if I wanted to buy one now or wait till later.  Now that I have it I just might test in the morning idk yet for sure, might wait till Friday.  Have t decided.  But will definitely keep u posted.  The only symptoms I have r boobs r a little soar, had a sensation in my nipples and Areola area yesterday,  felt like pins and needles poking them, have had a headache today, insomnia like CRAZY.  Light cramping, gas.  Ok it's 6:55am and I haven't been to sleep and I just peed again,  how long do I need to wait to take test in between peeing???
It would've been best to use first morning urine.
Uggggggg. Just took test digital e.p.t. said BFN,  getting discouraged,   But still no period,  today is 3 days late.
Does any one honestly think it might be my age is why it's not showing up like it should?? (44).
Avatar n tn
Dang it! I'm not sure but it may be too early..... I'm 35 and I'm thinking maybe Its just all in my mind. But.... Only time can tell . Another factor is you didn't use the morning urine.
I work nights I get off late I can't sleep at night I never get to sleep before 6 or 7 am in the morning.  So how do I do that.   Will wait till Sunday and try again,  maybe Monday.  It might all be in my head to.   I want this so bad.  Maybe I just want it to bad.  But the thing is I NEVER am late or miss any of my periods.....I try not to think about it....
My birthday is this month and that would be so GREAT to get a BFP...  
Avatar n tn
I hear ya! I'm in the same boat! Didn't miss a period though. Just spotted. No major cramps like normal. I want it but I'm thinking it's impossible cause I'm 35.
Tell me this, the hair on my right nipple is growing with a vengeance, funny thing nothing I the left.  What's up with that.  Lol...  
Here is my  Delima also girls.  I miscarried with my first baby over 20 years ago.  Had my second  child about 4 tears later after that, miscarried again with my third baby about 4 years later. Then had my fourth child shortly after that.  And had another baby again 7 years later with no miscarriage in there, I'm scared if I am pregnant I need to find out because I am high risk and its scaring me, especially at my age.  Even though I do not feel my age at all....
Well ladies I just want to cry,  got up this morning peed NOTHING no sign of period.  Took shower and there it was after I got out.  I'm so disappointed and down,  :((((
All I do is talk I know and probably driving u all crazy but I am having so much confusion,  my last period was so ABNORMAL just so out of the ordinary.  NOT NORMAL AT ALL.  This month 3 days late,  but not into it enough to know if it is abnormal.  I'm so confused.  Can anyone help me understand?????
I hope I don't sound rude but just by reading your posts you sound very stressed and anxious. Do you normally feel anxious or stressed? I know it's hard not to think or worry all the time but I know I personally think about it most all the time. Just that can through your cycle off just the slightest bit. I know when I thought I might be prego I was very very in tune to everything not normal! So sorry for your disappointment and I'm praying for you!
Yes but even them they r never off like that.... And according to my ovulation calendar it says  Suppost to ovulate tomorrow is that normal the day after u start????
No not normally right after your period. Have you tried opks?
No what is opks???
I get it,  I looked it up.  Ovulation predictor kit,  no haven't thought of those, so far not much in this bleed,  just light pink.  Hmmm
Mia, is your peroxide flow normal? Or is it lighter than normal and brownish? Could it be implantation bleeding? Or is t actual period?
I don't know what peroxide flow is??  And it's nothing at all like what I usually do.  This is day 2  an I am keeping a close eye I it, color flow and how long it will last.  
Sorry, my autocorrect changed the word. Peroxide flow was suppose to be normal period flow. I found when I was first pregnant I have brown spotting for 2 around 3 weeks or so. I was worried I was going to lose baby. But it just ended up being implantation bleeding.
It's just light, I can change maybe once they the day,  when usually I go thru a box if tampons on like 2 or 3 days.  And it's so bad I have to wear a pad doubled up with the tampon.  Nothing like that at all the last two months at all.   Just very light.  
you do have a short cycle, so maybe giving it a couple more days, and see what happens, or call the doctors and see if they will run a blood test for you?
Yes I will wait a couple  more days to see what happens. I am going home next weekend. So maybe I can get I to see a doctor....
Update ladies.  I was Suppost to start my period on the 8th but started on the 11th and always run a 25 day cycle the 8th would have been 25 days.  So my period has been lighter than usual, and have had very little I'f no clots. No cramping accept for the week and half before my period started, it was low an painful, which I never get that early. Have been reading over 100 post on women who have bled and still to find out they r pregnant,  it is just out of the norm for me to have such light periods and no clotting like I usually do.  The only symptoms I think I might have are headach. Lower back pain alot, stuffy dry nose for weeks now, ringing in ears and what I think is sensitive hearing lately.  It's so weird,  
A light period doesn't mean you're not expecting.  A blood test would also give you an accurate result.