14 weeks pregnant- 37 years old
Hello girls, I am 14 weeks and I had my NT scheduled for June 3, 2009. Five days ago they called me from the office to asked me to reschedule my appointment because somebody accidentally canceled it. They couldn't find any for the same day or next week. The only available was for June 17. I will be 16 weeks by then. Already second trimester. I am so scared because I found that the markers for down and chromosomal are found between 11-13 weeks.
Please help. Is it too late. Is this scan is going to show these disorders.

Thank you    
I was right at the edge of getting my NT test - my 1st ob appt after being released from re's office was at 14w6d.  I didn't go ahead w/the test but then again I was pregnant w/donor eggs so I wasn't too worried.

In your situation - have the nurse call you & see if you can't get in sooner just for the NT.  Really 14 weeks is pushing it but everything I read said to do the scan at the weeks you mentioned (11-13) so it seems at 16 weeks, it's too late to do the test.

Wish I could be more help.  I look forward to seeing what the others say.
I have to agree.  There is a "prime time" for this particular test.  I would call them again and push to have it done earlier.  After all, they are the ones that accidently canceled...you shouldn't have to worry because of someone else's mistake.  Good luck to you.
Again, I agree... call your clinic and PUSH.  I'd be livid to be honest. THEY made the mistake and now they're going to have you do a test that is pointless because it's being done too late.
I'm sorry this is happening... this kind of stress is the last thing you need.  But you've read right and 16 weeks is too late.  Perhaps they plan to suggest doing the 2nd trimester triple screen which is done as of 16w1day but to the best of my knowledge it isn't as accurate a the NT scan and double screen of the 1st trimester.
Good luck!
Thank you girls!!!

Yes I pushed, I cried, I had a meeting w/ my doc. No appt available. 17th is the earliest. I tried private visit but did not work as well. Will wait for the 2nd trimester triple screen and will consider amnio if doctor recommends.
I really like my doctor but the stuff is very unorganized. This is my second disappointment. I don't know what to do. Change Doctor?!

P.S. Girls I want to apologies for my English. If doesn’t sounds right or misspelled.
I am Bulgarian, my husband is an American.
I'm so sorry this happened.  I personally wouldn't change doctors if you like your doctor but maybe you can tell him that this is a really big deal to you and get him to make sure the staff are more careful in future.
And there's absolutely no need to apologise for your English.  I promise you, it's MUCH better than my Bulgarian!!!!! ;-)
I agree w/Magda - I wouldn't change doctors either - the triple screen will suffice in my opinion & then you can consider the amnio if you want which will tell you everything - not a screening process at all.
sorry. i would suggest you double check every appt from now on to keep THEM organized. and as your pregnancy progresses, call them for every test result if they do not call you in a timely manner. in other words, you have every right to take charge of the situation. you may indeed have a good doctor but disorganized office staff. good luck.