Aa
A
A
Close
2nd pregnancy. Should I use progesterone supplements this time?
I'm 38 and 4 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child.
With my 1st, we struggled for months, I miscarried, gave up and finally got pregnant. It was determined after my miscarriage that my hormones wouldn't support a pregnancy so my doctor put me on progesterone the second we knew I was pregnant the 1st time.
This time, my body is much healthier. I eat right and workout 6 days a week. It only took two months of casually trying to pregnant.
I did try the progesterone during my last cycle, starting day 14 until my period started and the side effects sucked which I now realize why I struggled during my 1st trimester of my 1st pregnancy....progesterone!
Anyway, I'm on the fence of inserting it again or skipping it. Really torn.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
973741 tn?1342346373
Congrats on the pregnancy!  The thing about hormones is that they can be tricky.  I really think you need to touch base with your doctor and ask for his guidance.  I don't want to give you wrong information here and interfere with your pregnancy in any way.  So, call your doctor.  Come back and tell us what they said!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
You're so right. Honestly I don't know what I was thinking. I think I was still in shock from receiving a positive pregnancy test that my brain wasn't functioning properly when I posted. Thank you
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4769306 tn?1508450205
Blank
KeeLolo uploaded new photos
Oct 19
4769306 tn?1508450205
Blank
KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
Oct 19
3191940 tn?1447272317
Blank
CurfewX commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
Oct 19
Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community Resources