Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
34 week update/breech/version etc.

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

34 week update/breech/version etc.

Well my little watermelon is still breech at 34 weeks.  Saw a midwife, who was great btw, and she confirmed it by u/s.  I feel that the baby is just stuck that way as I never have big huge movements (only smaller kicks and punches) and can always feel the head in the same place.  Not only that, but now my diastolic blood pressure was above the cutoff (it was 114/83).  Not sure if this means anything or not or what I am supposed to do about it.  I guess they will just keep watching it.  Geez, I guess this baby is going to keep me in suspense until the last minute.  Anyone else out there with these situations?  Anyone have an external cephalic version to turn the baby???  
I 'm afraid i'm not experienced enough to tell you anything about breech situations...i just want to tell you good luck for the short time left untill you 2 meet!It must be awesome to be that near the end...is it yr #1?Good luck!
nylena,41,24w2d
I think there's still hope and I have heard of doctors actually being able to turn the babies before delivery.  Guess it all depends on the situation, person, baby and doctor.  Good Luck though.  One of my twins (the boy of course) has been breech my whole pregnancy so far so we'll see!?

Dottie 18wks 6dys (twins)
Lisa
Happy 34 weeks.  Dottie is right I have heard of them turning the baby just before delivery.  When do you see the DR again?  I know she/he was out yesterday and that is why you met with the midwife.  Welcome to what I like to call "high maintanence pregnancy"  LOL  i hope it doesnt mean we will have "high maintanence princesses".  hang in there
((Sheila))34w1d-Team Pink
I was thinking the same thing about being high maintainence!!  I don't think my dh could handle a high maintainence child!!  Yeah they can try to turn the baby - basically they will decide that next time at 36 weeks (I go in on the 27th).  My sister had it done and it was awful - she said she'd rather push out another baby with no epidural than have another external version so I was just wondering what other's experiences were.  (sister had 3 kids vaginally with no epidurals and one was sunny side up!  OUCH!)  I hope my bp goes down too - unless that means they would put me on bedrest!  (Sorry I just can't help but think how much I could use a few days of lying in our nice warm bed all day!! Hey it's Minnesota winter here, snowy and cold!!  No one wants to get out of bed in the morning!!)
How are you??  What did your OB say last time???  Seems like your princess is staying put for the time being and cooperating - that's good news!!