Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
35 weeks and so emotional-is this normal?

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I will be 35 weeks on Wednesday.  For the last few days I have been crazy emotional.  I can't stop crying.  This is our first baby and we had to go through several fertility procedures to get pregnant.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  We want this baby so much, but the closer we get to delivery, the more I want to just stay pregnant.  I am so scared to be a mother. I want to be a good mother to our baby and I feel so guilty for having these feelings.  Of course, that just makes me cry harder.  I know we are ready for this baby-we are both in our 30's with good jobs, but I am just so scared that I won't be ready for him when he actually gets here.  Do you think these feelings are normal?  I am not good with change, even though this is a change we both want so much.  I guess I just want some reassurance that I am not crazy and that even though I am feeling these things, it doesn't mean I will be a bad mother.  My DH has been awesome through this, but I know he can't understand the way you guys do.  Thanks ladies for your thoughts.  Suzanne 34w4d
I believe your feelings are very normal - not matter if this is our 1st, 2nd or 5th babies, we all worry about being a good mother to our children.  I don't think you're crazy AT ALL.  If you are, then good grief, I certainly am there w/you & I have already have children.  I too thought I wanted to stay pregnant (I just love being pg) but have gotten over that this past few days.  Probably as you get ready for the baby, you'll start to feel better about pending motherhood.  Please don't worry or stress too much about this although I know how hard that is to follow.  I'm very happy to know that you're blessed w/a supportive dh who'll help you get through this.  You're going to be a great mom!
I don't remember being this emotional this far along w/dd. Boy, I'm a real mess... I'm 33w5d.  I remember it being very hard to go to the grocery store right after the baby and seeing a pregnant woman. It's funny, I wanted them to know, "hey I was pregnant last week".  Like my importantness went away. I was no longer the baby's oven I was MOM. Thank goodness that went away.
Ironic you should bring this up.. DH just asked me last night if I was scared.. boy did that bring down that emotional wall! I cried, screamed, I admitted I was so nervous that I wanted to vomit! I think you are fine, yes emotional, but you are fine! You are going to be a great mother, you know how I know.. because you are this nervous about becoming one and want to keep that lil baby in your belly all warm and protected! Let the emotions flow, how else are we going to show how much we care? It isn't like we can run miles around the block!..hehe.. Good Luck and Take care! It won't be long now!!

Patty
(35 wks Today!!)
Thanks ladies for your comments.  I really appreciate knowing that I am not the only one.  I guess I was just taken by surprise at my emotions being so crazy.  Thanks again!
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
KeeLolo commented on veronica0808's status
15 mins ago
renae176 commented on renae176's status
53 mins ago
veronica0808 Went to ob for beta draw.. ... Comment