36 weeks pregnant
is it safe to take castor oil at 36 weeks pregnant i have found it painful to walk since 6 months and theres nothing doctors can do so wanted to try and bring on early labour. would this be safe for my baby?
I would say its safe but why. my sister used it at 37 weeks and she was so sick, she threw up for a whole day and was in bed, yes she went into labor but went in sick as a dog from it said she would never do that again. good luck on what ever you choose
No. Castor oil is not safe to take at all. It's an old wives tale and is dangerous to take. It can make your baby produce meconium in the womb and if inhaled is dangerous.

You're only 36 weeks so you're baby isn't even ready to come out yet. A baby's lungs aren't fully developed till at least 37 weeks, and even by then a lot of babies aren't ready to be born. Just wait till 37 weeks and just try taking long walks and having sex to try bring things a long a little. Just remember those things will only work IF baby is actually ready to come.
I 100% agree with KitKat.  There is no evidence that castor oil does anything at all except make you sick.  In fact, there is no evidence at all that there is anything you can do to bring on labor although there are many theories.  For the most part, babies come when they are ready.

I remember well how tough these last weeks can be.  But honey, you don't want your baby to come at 36 weeks if you can prevent it.  In fact, if possible, many Dr.'s will try to stop labor if it starts at this point.  Hang in there.  Try warm baths, and use a body pillow to sleep with.  If it hurts to walk, try to stay off your feet as much as possible, and ask your partner for a little tlc...rub your feet, lower back, etc.  Your so close now, so hang on.  Baby will be here before you know it!
Sorry, I should add..most babies born at 36 weeks will spend a few days in the NICU.  Typically issues are immature lungs requiring help to breath, low weight, jaundice and trouble regulating their own body temperature.  
The studies show that even though a baby is considered "term" at 37 weeks, the babies that do the best are those that come in their own time (rather than being induced however) with the best statistical outcome being those babies that make it to 39 weeks.

So though you are so uncomfortable I'd say you should avoid doing anything that may cause baby to come early until at least 38 weeks, preferably let labour start by itself.

Hang in there.  Though you are uncomfortable this is best for baby!

I am 35 weeks now and super uncomfortable - but am resolved to try to hang on as long as possible for sake of baby....
I understand how you feel. When I was close to my due date I fell for the old wives tale of caster oil. Do not do it. This was 22 years ago when I did it and I had hard contractions all night and at the end of it had a bowel movement. Luckily nothing happened to my daughter who I carried full term. Stay busy.
My doctor said It just gets u sick and gives u diarhea but he didn't tell me it was bad to take he just said it doesn't work for most girls