37 Weeks - Baby is moving frantically inside and it hurts!

This is my first child, and I'm 37 weeks and 2 days. For the past 2 nights, she has been kicking and moving very hard. At times its very strong and it last up to several hours at a time. Last night, I could not sleep due to her kicking me so hard. I was told that around this time fetal movement should decrease due to no room. Is it normal for her to be so active and strong?

I will contact my doctor tomorrow. Since it started Friday night, all the dr's office around my area were closed. But to be at eased I wanted to try the internet to see if I can get some answers.

Thanks.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Sounds like you have a future soccer player in there! : )  My first pregnancy, my son used me as his personal punching bag, all the way to delivery!  He was always so active inside me!  Personally, I think it's a great healthy sign, and unless she is in any distress or her heart rate is abnormal, I would enjoy the little tumbler, because once she's out, you'll miss that feeling!  I did!!
Im 28 wks and I dont sleep well because my son is so active.....and Ive heard of babies busy all the way til birth....wish I could help more.