37 and nervous about being high risk
I am currently 37 and 9 weeks pregnant. I was referred to a high risk doctor because of my age. In three weeks I'm supposed to get an ultra sound from this high risk doctor and it will last two hours!! Has anyone else had to do that or any other tests?? I am scared to death. Just want a healthy baby.
I'm 38, soon to be 39 & am also considered high risk. 2 weeks ago did genetic testing (NIPT test) where they just took my blood. It's a newer test developed in the last 5 years. They checked for Down syndrome, trisome, & some other things. They also did an ultrasound that took about an hour to measure the image looking for Down syndrome indicators. Everything came back good & the genetic test even told us the gender (boy!). Hope that info helps you.
Yes thank you so much. I can't wait to get it all done!
I'm 38 and pregnant with my third. haven't been to the OB yet bc I'm too early. BUT I went to the perinatal unit/high risk doctors with my first two pregnancies due to a genetic condition that I carry. Don't fret. It's all good. The high risks ultra sound is very thorough and you'll learn a lot. It's a long visit but the techs and drs should be great.
Thank you!
Hi all,my mam had me at 44 and they kept advising her to get rid of me because of her age! She ignored everyone thank God and had me and glad to say I'm perfect haha
I'm surprised anyone was referred to a high risk doctor simply for being 37.  That's not all that old anymore for having a child!  Getting it in during the late 30's and right before 40 is the norm with many working women that I know.  And only one was referred to high risk and that was due to her first ultrasound that indicated several problems (her child was born with a condition that now has him in a wheel chair).  So, try not to worry ladies. While issues can be more when older, they often aren't.  good luck
I'm 36 and due a month before I turn 37..amd I'm not considered high risk..maybe it depends on what state you live in.
I believe over 35 is considered high risk. I was just thankful for the xtra testing they do due to age that they don't offer to younger moms. Peace of mind is awesome.
You're right over 35 is considered high risk
I delivered a healthy baby girl in September and I was 39. Wasn't referred to as high risk because of my age and was looked after very well. Hope all goes well for you xx
I am 38 years old and had to see a high risk doctor at 7 weeks pregnant the lady just asked a bunch of questions then did the ultrasound couldn't see much so she put it in my privant so she could see more then she did the tummy again cause another doctor lady came in to do ultrasound on tummy again checking for heart beat did not take 2 hours for ultrasound and had to give them a urin test and a blood test for them then I was done I go back Aug 4 for another ultrasound I am high risk because my sec daughter was born with spina bifida and also cause of my missing chromosome and cause of my age so she wants me to see a genetic concoler now and I am 8 weeks and 2 days and this is my third pregnacy
I'm 36 and I'm considered high risk because of multiple miscarriages and early hemorrhaging I have had in all of my pregnancies. I had to do a liver function test where you collect urine for 24 hours, sonogram, genetic testing,  diabetes testing,  and a few other test because I'm high risk and all of them came back normal thank God.