Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
38 and expecting

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

38 and expecting

Im 38 with a 18 year old and a 12 year old ive been trying to have another baby for 10 years..I was just told I had endometriosis and had surgery in September..I had a normal period last month and pregnant this month..wow im so excited but worried since I am older now.
Congratulations on your pregnancy. I am 38 too and expecting our first. There are plenty of women that are older and have healthy babies. It actually is more common now for couples to wait a little longer before having kids. There is also a lot of testing that's offered if you want them. NT scan 1st and 2nd tri blood screening tests, CVS and amnios help determine the health of your baby. There are no complications associated with the 1st and 2nd tri blood work but there are risks of miscarriage with the CVS and Amnio. The first two tests are not 100% accurate meaning there is a risk of false positive results.
I..too..am expecting and I'm 39yrs old. Be 40 when my little girl arrives! But, I've noticed quite a few older females expecting. There are lots tests and things you can do to ensure the health of the baby. And...most of all..put your  in God. It will work out!
Im 37 years old and im also expecting. This pregnancy has not been any different than any of my priors. My oldest is also 18 ..my youngest 7 with a few in between. I see nothing wrong having babies at our ages.. Anymore its more common ...  Good luck to you! Hope all is well.
Congrats....that's has to be an amazing feeling :-)
I am 39 pregnant with my second child. My daughter is 18. And although i am nervous...i'm also vey excited! Good luck to all of you :-)
I am so happy I just want to scream it, but im kinda holding back for awhile. once I go to the doctor I think it will ease my mind a little. I hear stories about miscarriage and it scares me..after 12 years my pipes couls be  a little rusty..lol