Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
4 Weeks Pregnant and Stupidly Tried Cocaine

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant. Not knowing that I was pregnant, a week after I conceived I made the horrible mistake of trying cocaine. I did two lines one evening. I am now terrified that I have harmed my unborn baby. I am racked with anxiety. Do I have cause for concern?

Thank you.
you should be concerned but your baby is probably alright... you better take better care of your little baby in your belly now... to make up  for treating it so badly... btw cocaine is stupid pg or not
I would say if you're only exactly 4 weeks, prob fine, but what kind of lifestyle leads you to cocaine? I hope things will change for the better.
Be sure to mention it to your Dr. who you should go see ASAP.
Ok ladies lets not be so judgemental.
How old are you Brown??
I agree with these women to an extent - if your are older, but if your young don't be so hard on yourself - most of us have experimented with some type of drug at one time or the other in our youth  - even our current President! ( no comment on him).
Anyway, now you know you are preg - so take care and really, drugs are truly bad for your mind and your soul so dont waste your time on them.
wow if you think this is judgmental... just wait until someone comes on talking about being a teen and trying to get pg...  we tear them a new one
Judgemental,  (Laughs hysterically, post it on the maternal, they'll eat her alive!)
You guys are hysterical:)
Sorry, it's difficult not to be judgmental when someone comes on and openly states they tried 2 lines of cocaine. With everything out there about how bad drugs are, it's just a major "Duh!" moment.

At 4 weeks, baby is probably still okay since the placenta probably has not yet fully formed and baby is still being nourished from the yolk sac. Check with your doctor though and stay clear of drugs in your future, both while pregnant and after baby is born. Best wishes.
I don't mind the judgements...trust my I know how immensely stupid/careless/destructive what I did was and I am horribly ashamed. This behavior is completely out of character and there will be no repeating it. Thanks for all of your comments. I appreciate you taking the time. Please send me good thoughts.
Just to let you know I could have been the first to post on this, but I didn't!  I really felt that the gals on here would give you enough he ll for doing the stupidest thing ever!!!!!!   WHY??  Pregnant or not!!  I am on here this morning and decide I will comment on this post.  DON'T COME ON HERE ASKING FOR SOME TYPE OF RELIEF!!!  We cannot answer the kind of question your asking and be for sure!!!  My best best friend 20 yrs ago did cocaine during her first trimester JUST A FEW TIMES and didn't know she was pregnant either.  When her son was born part of his brain was basically brain dead, and only one brain stem was left working!  He survived 17 months.  That was the worst moment I experienced as a young girl.  I had the healthy little boy and she had the baby boy that was dieing......NOT FAIR!!!!
Hey, I get it...I totally get it. New to this site, I did not realize that this forum did not have a Dr. monitoring to answer questions so I actually posted in the wrong place. Not looking for absolution...just trying to equip myself with information.
Thanks.
I read the comments posted to your ? and am shocked at the ridiculous and self-rightiousness of the responses. It was obvious these people were talking out of their a**es and are victims of lobotomies. I certainly hope that you talked with some educated and informed people regarding this issue. Anyone who read these ridiculous postings would run for an abortion immediately so as to spare these child "victims" and the poor women who made 1 mistake from a life destined for doom. I would really appreciate any information you received that was accurate and not a diatribe condemning you. I applaud you for seeking answers and I would really appreciate any relevant info. My niece is planning an abortion because she tried cocaine before she knew she was pregnant and thinks that an abortion is necessary to spare the fetus from a horribly defective future.  She is 4 weeks pregnant and is torn about what decision to make.  I am glad she did not read the responses you got because she certainly does not need condemnation from the morons that responded to you but rather needs some accurate info to the question you asked. I hope all went well for you and I hope to hear from you ASAP.  God bless you and your decision.
I'm sorry you found the responses so harsh.  First off, you have responded to a post that is a year and 1/2 old and to the best of my knowledge the poster has not come back on.  Please understand that many many of the women that come here have had trouble conveiving and or carrying a child.  Hearing that someone did drugs pregnant can be difficult for them, and can raise all sorts of emotions.  There are a great group of women here who really support each other to the best of their ability.  There are no Dr.'s here.  It is unlikely your niece did harm to her fetus trying cocaine.  It is important of course that she abstain from here on in.  Her best bet is to talk to her Dr.  He or she is the best person to advise her on what (if any) potential damage may have been done.  We all know that regular drug use during pregnancy is harmful to the developing fetus.  I doubt that one time trying it very early on in a pregnancy will do long term damage.  Still, when in doubt, always best to talk to a Dr.   As you added on to a very old post, you may find you get more responses by posting a new thread if you want more answers.  Again, keep in mind that what you will get is mainly opinion, none of us are medical professionals. Good luck to her.