42 and leary of continuing use of the pill
I will be 42 in Nov. 2 012, I DO NOT WANT TO GET PREGNANT, but want to discontinue Ortho Cyclen as birth control.    I have never been pregnant, have been on the pill since 16, have had cryotherapy, years of occasional drug use, do not smoke cigarettes, and do not want scars associated with having my tubes tied.  I have 4 close friends who got pregnant on the pill, thus I assumed that the fact I never had a unwanted pregnancy might be due to cryotherapy and casual  drug use.  My mom was bipolar (but not on treatment in 1983) when she had a hystorectomy due ( I think) to cervical or similar cancer.  She killed herself 1 month after surgery so I have little to no quality info on her health (step dad probably added in death and remarried 6 months later, I moved two states away).  My mother's father had an arm removed due to cancer.  My father's side of the family everyone had high blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes.  My blood pressure has always been normal, never one high test.  I do exercise and try to eat somewhat healthy.  My husband does not want a vesticomy (scared of it's effects).
Would you consider a IUD? I had the mirena. If you don't want any hormones you can go with the paragard. With the mirena I had no period at all which was great! I didn't notice any issues with it. It did take me a while to get pregnant after i had it removed but that wouldn't be an issue for you if you don't wan to be pregnant. The best thing about them is that after you get it...you can forget about birth control for a long time. It is very rare to get pregnant with one.
Thank you, I will do some research on these options and take them underconsideration!