46 and trying not to freak out...
I am 46 years old and just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant. My children are 28, 27, 24, 21 and 13. My grandchildren are 9, 8 and 3. Needless to say this was not my plan for this stage of life. I'm hoping for some words of wisdom from other mother's out there that got pregnant so late in life. I know how fortunate I am and I do believe everything happens for a reason but my concerns are about my health and that of the babies.
If you got pregnant your ovum are still a good quality. I understand that when it's not the plan it might be a bit stressful. The question is are you ready to have a baby at this stage in your life? Your Heath and state of mind are important too.

Afterwards there are tests that can be done to detect most of the disease either by DNA blood test, the nuchal translucency screening at 12 weeks of pregnancy and Amniocentesis would be performed in case of a doubt. I have few friends that had baby after 40 naturally, out of 4, there is only one that had a son with autism, this cannot be detected. It's not easy, especially being a single mother and a professional, but she adores her son!

Good reflection and no matter what your decision is, stay true to yourself and don't take the pressure anyone could put on you because after all it is your life, your health and your baby's that are your main concern.
Thank you for that, I needed it this morning.
Some surprises can be the best. I can understand your anxiety though. I would talk to your doctor about risks and such. My good friend is the same age as an aunt meaning her mom had her at the same time her grandma had a child.  Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing!
Thank you for your comment. I'll keep updating. I'm now 7 weeks and have my first ultrasound on Friday to hear the little ones heart beat for the first time.
I had just turned 42 when I had my first baby and 43 almost 44 with my second one. Everything was fine with both babies. I did have gestational diabetes but that's all. Do get check with your doctor and def. do all the testing recommended . Good luck to you
Thank you for your response. I also had diabetes with my last pregnancy when I was 34 so it's definitely a concern now. I have already completely changed my diet and walking the beach every morning and going to the gym.
You are blessed my dear,worry not God has your back.
Keep weight in check,diet,peace of mind,relax and let God walk you through this,He got you at the palm of His hand s and His plans for our lives is great,congrats