8 w fetus measuring small
Hi.  I charted and knew my ovulatoin - March 30, and I know I conceived right after.  Preg test confirmed about 3 weeks later.  So as of Monday I should be 8w1d.  Went to a new OB and the transvaginal u/s came back baby 5w4d. He said if my dates are not wrong, then the baby will m/c.  It had a heartbeat but he didnt give me the rate- said was good - and said he expects me to m/c this week. I feel fine...although sad at the news.  I have two girls 5 and 3 with one m/c in between.  I have heard that u/s can be wrong or distorted if you have a tilted uterus like i do...
any thoughts on this?  My follow up is Monday and I cannot wait. I dont know if Is hould be hoping its growing or that it goes if its not right.  Any advice or info would be great. Thanks
Drs office equipment isn't the best.  If baby has a good heartbeat I wouldn't worry just yet.  Drs are wrong everyday!  Good luck Monday.
It's so hard to say right now and your best bet is a follow up ultrasound in a week or two.  In most cases if baby is measuring that far behind, it's not a great sign.  However, a heartbeat in normal range is a positive sign.  I don't honestly know much about the effects of a tilted uterus so I really can't comment there.  I do agree with trying that Dr's office equipment is not always the best.  Waiting to see is the absolute worst and can drive you nuts...I have been there.  I think this is probably 50/50 and would hope for the best but also prepare for the worst.  Hang in there, you should have your answer soon.  I hope it's good news and will be thinking about you.
Thank you to both of you for giving me some feedback...yes, waiting is the worst. I will let you know the outcome on Monday. Fingers crossed!
Ok -- When I was looking for help on this subject, I found a lot of people never posted follow ups ... well, here is mine. On our appt on Monday the heartbeat was no longer there and the fetus was even smaller than before...like almost deflated.  So it is no longer active.  I miscarried yesterday. We hope to try again once my hormones regulate and I have had a few cycles.  
I am so sorry for your loss.
I too am so very sorry.  I wish you peace and healing.