Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
9 weeks and super paranoid - please help

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi there,

I am 35 and this is my first pregnancy. I want this baby so badly and am paranoid of miscarriage. I had a vaginal ultrasound at 7 weeks and saw a nice yolk sac and the heartbeat was 150. Yesterday I had an external Doppler and they heard the heartbeat at 176 beats a minute.

In the last week my nausea has gone away and today I had diarrhea and laid in bed all day and my boobs don't hurt as much anymore.

The midwife yesterday said the risk of miscarriage is still 50%.... Is that true?
Tags: Miscarriage, early pregnancy worries, 9 weeks
Miscarriages are common than we know. However, I wouldn't stress that and just enjoy ur pregnancy. Sometimes the symptoms that u feel in the early stages seem to disappear and will eventually start back in the later part of preg. At least that's what happened to me. I felt the nausea, tiredness, breast tenderness, etc in the early part and now it's back. I think that it's all a part of the whole process. I'm now 32+4 and the nausea, heartburn, breast tenderness, and tiredness is back. Try not to worry and enjoy ur pregnancy.Wishing u the best of luck!!!!
Worrying is the worst thing you can you yo yourself coz you release stress hormones that will affect your pregnancy. Take each day as it comes and consider it a blessing and enjoy thevtime you are carrying the life in you. Don't focus on the negatives at all - the midwife gave you the statistics and that's what it is - statistics.    
I have two older children (both smooth pregnancies).  I am today 6 weeks pregnant.  To say I am "worried" would be too strong a word.  Aware?  Concerned? might be closer to accurate.  Everytime I go to the bathroom (which seems like a lot more lately) I am checking tp for any spotting or anything.  This is mainly because there was a some indication in early blodwork that my progesterone was "lacking"...not terrible, but less than my RE wanted, so he wanted me on supplementation.  I really prefer less intervention/meds, etc, so that was hard to hear, but considering how long/hard we had tried and our age, I ended up following the doctor's orders.  By my third blood test, my numbers had already started to improve on their own, but thus far, we are still good.  The chances of miscarriage do decrease as the pregnancy goes along, but I will say that worry and paranoia are not helpful additions, so try to relax and enjoy your new status.  Hugs!