AMA
why is it that once you turn 35 you are classed as AMA. I am pregnant with my 3rd child having turned 35 a few mths ago. Because of my age had to have an NT and came back that my risk of downs syndrome was 1/122. Completely freaked me out. After my obgyn took in account 1st u/s risk went to 1/272. Because we were told to consider having an amnio my obgyn suggested a genetic U/S. Had it today and thankfully everything good and risk went to 1/332. Decided against amnio (wouldn't have terminated anyway). It annoys me that because of my age I was put through all the heartache thinking something may be wrong. To anyone in the same position I would say don't let it stress u too much. fingers Xed everything will go goo now
I had my last at 43. My daughter had her last at 45. My aunt had her first at 50 and her last at 52. Enjoy your pregnancy. People are not statistics. They are individuals.
Forgot to mention that all were born healthy and were vaginal births. It never occurred to me to think my baby would not be healthy. Why borrow misery?
thanks for that. I always knew I wanted to be older when I had kids. wasn't ready before. both my girls were vaginal births and no drugs. to all the other woman out there my best wishes to you all