Afraid to conceive after 35
I had a miscarriage at 18 weeks last year. It was my fourth pregancy, first miscarriage. There was no known reason. I want to try to conceive but am so scared. I am 35 now and know it may be harder to become pregnant and there are more risks involved. I'm afraid that if I become pregnant I will be worried over the health of the baby constantly. Has anybody out there been in this situation ? Anybody have any advice or words of encouragement ?
A few years ago, my second pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 16-17 weeks due to a chromosome abnormality, after my first baby who was a very healthy pregnancy. Then I had unexplained infertility for a couple of years (most likely due to job stress). Finally had another healthy pregnancy and baby who will turn 2 next week. And I am due again in about 3 weeks with our third baby was a very happy surprise because we were not trying at all. I'm 36.

Eat healthy, exercise, take care of yourself, make healthy lifestyle choices, take good prenatal vitamins and your risks probably won't be that much higher just because you turned 35. Many women have healthy pregnancies and babies well into their late 30s and early 40s. Unfortunately, because you've had a miscarriage, you will probably be more worried, but that's completely normal and it gets better with time. Best wishes!
There are many of us who have suffered miscarriage a different times.  My last 2 preg were m/c I am yet to have a life birth.  I lost both around wk 6-7 and right now Im preg at 10 wks praying everyday that this baby goes the distance.  I am 35 and will turn 36 in Aug before this baby will be born.  And my hubby and I would like 2.  Soooo you are not alone in your thoughts....you will worry but give it to God (or whomever your higher power is) and try to breathe....its easier said than done. I  know personally. :-)
I'm 38 and have 6 kids and recently 2 m/c but that isn't going to stop me I'll keep tryin until I succeed, and I am sure I'll be on pins and needles all the way. But it won't stop me. I think u need to have faith and wish for the best.
Wow, at 18wks they did not give you a reason?!? I wouldn't have let up on them til they let me know something. I am 42, yep 42. I got pg for the 1st time after trying for more than 20 yrs at 40yrs old. I mc at 12 wks. They tested the baby and he was genetically sound. The reason was a torn placenta (lifted too heavy). My dr says there is no reason to think I will have any further problems other than the "chemical pregnancies" from old eggs. But, there are still good ones in there and I am determined to find one :)
Just had a h ealthy baby boy at the age of 39! pg went great no problems.... Good luck! age is just a number..lol =)
I'm 39, have had 2 miscarriages, and am pregnant again right now.  All my pregnancies were conceived naturally without too much difficulty.  Although its true it can take a bit longer, and we have a slightly increased risk of miscarriage, its not as worrisome as you may think to have a baby over 35.  Its so common now, most Dr.s don't even blink an eye.  As you know this forum is filled with women who are over 35, many ready to deliver beautiful healthy babies.  There are also many who have experienced m/c and again gone onto healthy pregnancies.  If you decide to TTC again, there is no reason (unless your Dr. has found one) to believe it won't move forward just fine.  I wish you all the best, and remember age is just a number!
I'm 41, I have 6 healthy children and have had 4 miscarriages.  Pregnancies 5-7 and pregancy #10 were miscarriages.  Just keep trying.  Dr. put me on baby aspirin because older women tend to have clotting issues when placenta forms.  If you have no problems taking aspirin, it is worth a try.  One per day (81 mg aspirin).