Anyone with an underdeveloped fetus at 7-4 with a good outcome
I went to my fertility dr. today and I am supposed to be 7 weeks 4 days and we see one little sack at 5 weeks 4 days with a baby with slow heart beat and a sack of 7 weeks 4 days with no baby. My HGC is doubling as it should so far but the one we see is about a week and a half behind. Anyone with a good outcome? My dr. is somewhat crude with the situation while I am still hopefull. The nurses seem to believe they have seen similar situations where the fetus has a growth spurt and catches up, but the dr. was already giving me the option of D&C or passing it natural with the if and when it happens after I pointed out we would decide if we came to that. I am 37 with no children should I be ready or be hopeful?
I would be hopeful that the empty sac measuring the correct dates would possibly show something at the next ultrasound. i had an empty sac at 6w3d and they said i would miscarry then 10 days later there was a baby in there so i would wait a little while. i know its hard. good luck
Of course anything is possible, but a slow heartbeat usually is an indicator of poor fetal outcome. They will probably have you come back for u/s to see if the embryo grows and/or if it stops. Unfortunately in the beginning if the embryo isn't measuring where is should be that is also an indicator of poor fetal outcome. Just keep your guard up.
I am sorry you are going through this. It is that horrible "wait and see" time. I have heard stories where this happened and all was fine, and I hope that is the case for you. Do not allow the Dr. to push you into anything....you make the decisions that are right for you. Where there is a heartbeat, there is hope!! I wish you all the best.
It is possible that you ovulated twice. The first one gave you the sack that is 7w4d and the second one gave you the 5w4d. I would wait and see! The possibility of having two in there....you don't want to D&C based on one when one or both can survive! It *****, but you really should hang in there and see what happens. It is possible that you can lose one baby naturally and still take the other to term. My prayers are with you.
Thanks for the encouraging words. The chances of a double ovulations are really not there since it was a frozen transfer of 3 embryos at a 3 day stage on the 9th of April. I am still hopeful and will definitely not do a D&C. I live about 4 hours from my fertility dr. and I really don't want to go to them on my scheduled appt of the 22nd. I think I will follow up with my ob by next thursday it should be at 7 weeks and maybe the is a real heart beat. I still hope this bean was lazy and will catch up. Thanks a bunch to all.
I am going through the same thing. I had my embryo transfer on 4/23/09 and my u/s yesterday. They were not very hopeful but suggested that asee my ob for a f/u u/s next week. My numbers are good and there is some sense that we may have a late bloomer. I would not move forward until your ob moves in that direction. Good luck and God Bless!
Hi, sorry to hear about what you are going through. I got the final bad news Tuesday. I will have a DNC next Wednesday. It seems as it stopped growing right at about 6 weeks or 7 and a half since it was a week and a half behind. I hope you have all come out with great news. Wish you the very best of luck. Keep in touch.
sorry about the outcome trixxie. i know how you feel i am almost 3 hours to my doc but after 3 MCs, i do not want to change docs. i hope all goes as good as it can next week. better to have the d&c and get a fresh start.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.