Baby Aspirin and Pregnancy
Around 11 weeks of pregnancy, my doctor told me take baby aspirin 81mg daily to prevent blood clot... is it really safe?  I am afraid to take aspirin since aspirin can harm the baby.

Is there any lady who have to take baby aspirin while pregnant and do you have any side effect?  

Thanks for feedback..
Hi Linn! I'm taking baby aspirin! It's fairly common to help prevent possible clots.  As far as I know, there are no side effects and it's totally safe as long as you take the "baby" version (81 mg) and not full-strength aspirin.

Hope you and the little one are doing well!
To Baby Blue

I am taking baby aspirin right now 80 mg everyday. I am 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant today, my ob/gyn prescribed me again to take this medicines to prevent blood clot. I was taking this also when I was pregnant to my first son 8 years ago. I was taking the baby aspirin right away after knowing I was pregnant and had been taking throughout the entire 9 months and my son is very normal and smart. I hope this will help.
Etts
I was told to take baby aspirin because I have a history of clotting. I just refused to take it because of the possible dangers. My doctor assured me that it was safe in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, but it didn't feel right with me. I know some people will think it is stupid to ignore a doctor's advice, but if there was a problem with my baby, I would have forever wondered if I had caused it.
I took one everyday up until 36 weeks and I have a perfect healthy 6 month old little man.
I took it everyday until I delivered!  I had to have an emergency c-section too and my doc had assured me before hand that if we need to do a section it was still ok for me to take the aspirin up until delivery.  I have an MTHFR mutation that can cause clots and after 4 miscarriages I was willing to try anything!  No harm here....DD is 13 months old and perfectly healthy!
Thank you for the feedback... I am feel more comfortable to take baby aspirin now...

I am 12 weeks 4 days today... Tomorrow I will have u/s... i have u/s every week since i was 6 weeks pregnant... July 14th will be my last u/s weekly then doctor will decide if she will see me monthly or weekly..

Thank you and Take care...

Hi.  I was told to take Jr. aspirin b4 ET.  Afterwards, I was just asked to continue vitamins and the other meds prescribed to me upon ET.  I wasn't told to continue the baby aspirin for any reason.  

DH did ask Dr. y we had to both take Jr. aspirin in the eve.  Dr. said it was to prevent stroke in both of us.

It seems there is a difference in Jr. & baby, no?
My Dr. also told me to take baby aspirin 81 mg every day.  So that is what I am doing.
Please don't worry, it won't harm the baby.
Hi I am 18 weeks and 4 days pregnant with my third child, I have a history of two other pregnancies with preeclampsia. My doctor asked me to take baby Aspirin at 13 weeks and I did not do so in fear that it would be dangerous and make me bleed, Now I do want to start taking it but I am not too sure if I can start it now, is it safe to start now in my late second trimester stage?
It is safe
I ve been taking since start 75 mg now i am 6 months
It is safe. Blood clots are Much more dangerous during pregnancy that's why ur Dr wants u to prevent them by taking the pills.