Baby Bump????
OK - so someone commented today on my baby bump.  I'm 11 weeks.  This is my first child and I'm average weight.  I'm to the point where I just can't suck it all in anymore.  This can't be baby this early on, right?  Am I just way bloated?  Has anyone else showed this early or at what point did you start showing?

Thanks!!
I don't think I showed quite that early in clothes, but it does happen! If you go on about.com you'll see lots of pics that people have uploaded of their baby bumps as early as 6 weeks! A lot of them are 2nd timers but some of them are 1st timers. I'd guess at least some of it is bloating. My bump went up & down during the 1st trimester quite a bit, and still seems to be smaller in the morning before I eat anything. :)
People still comment on my baby bump.  I'm 52 years old, and have not been pregnant since 1981.
LOL peekawho, that is too funny!!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!
Don't worry, I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and I can't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy jeans, NONE of them. I'm average weight too but this will be my 3rd child. I'm with you, I know it's not actually "baby" but it's definately something. I do know that I have been bloated the entire time (mostly due to constipation, sorry TMI) but this is ridiculous. I have a dr's appt tomorrow and I told my hubby if everything goes well there, I'm gonna have to start spilling the beans to family - we've kept it a secret so far due to previous losses. It is getting too hard to hide these days.
ROFL thanks Peek, I needed the laugh today. :)
Those that knew me well noticed at 11 weeks.  It's mostly bloating, water retention, etc. etc. at this point.  I gained 10 lbs first trimester.  Everyone is different, nothing to worry about.

Peek, that is quite the gestation period.....must be some sort of record!
Hi ;) i'll be 11 wks on tues Lynn and come 5pm every evening (starting to get earlier every couple of days) i bloat out and def do look like i've a baby bump! Ihave to open my trousers at the waist on the way home from work in the car !! I don't think for a first pregnancy you show that early but i've read it's mostly bloating and fluid retention. I cant wait until the bump is permanently there as i'm sure so cant you. I dont think it'll be too much longer ;)
I agree...it's probably mostly bloating. I looked like I had a baby bump early on too, and I was totally uncomfortable in my regular pants :-) I guess the rise in progesterone is responsible for all that bloating (...and of course, in my case, it certainly didn't help that I was also on an extra progesterone supplement!). Totally normal, though...

:-)
Hey Lynn, I have been showing since about 8 wks, and it seems to have come overnight. This is my 5th pregnancy but 3rd child. Before I was pregnant I weighed 114lbs I was wearing pants from the juniors section and they were still falling down on me. So even if I wanted to hide it I couldnt even try. And the size has not changed since I have started showing other than getting bigger. I have only gained 6lbs and I can barely fit any of my clothes now. Even when I lay flat on my back I still have a hard bump. And since I am not a dr and I know my body better than anyone I know it more baby than gas. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy Lynn! Here's to getting bigger!