Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Biggest fear is blood clots with older pregnancy

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I turned 37 in March and after my first two pregnancy's I developed road maps on my legs of varicose and reticular veins.  I ended up having a part of a varicose vein removed in March at least the bulging part.  In my second pregnancy I developed a varicose vein on my labia which has since gone away but I am pretty sure that appears and gets worse with additional pregnancies.  My biggest fear is death (pulmonary embolism) and not being here for my girls.  Otherwise I am 110% ready for another baby.  I did have my first miscarriage at 6 weeks this Jan.  I thought I was invincible to that till then.  I thought since I had 2 successful pregnancy's after 1st try 2x each that I was golden....not the case.  Has anyone had vein problems?  
I am not sure. But I think I might be having varicous vein problems. My legs are heavy, aching, so sore. I am going to get my RE to look at them on Tuesday.  I will see what he thinks. It just cam on all of a sudden
I had a all last week and a lot of internal bleeding in my leg and 2 days ago my legs started to hurt. I am almost 7 weeks pregnant and a little overweight. I have a few small surface varicous veins, but they aren't what is hurting me.
I have not personally experienced this problem so I cannot really be of much help from a personal perspective.  I have however seen this come up here before.  I wish I had answers for you, but what I can tell you is that this is a very manageable situation.  I do know that the prescribed treatment can differ from person to person.  For some it does mean medication, for others it is through other means such as special socks for the legs.  Again, very different depending on the severity and the situation.  Talk to your Dr.  If you are not confident in his/her opinions, make sure you get a second opinion and do not be afraid to consult a specialist.  All the best to you.
I'm currently 8.1 weeks. My RE put me on lovenox injections to minimize the chance of MC. I had one in May at almost 5 weeks. I will be on the injections at least till 10 weeks. I would ask your RE if he would suggest something like this for you.
Best of luck on your journey!
Ginger
Thanks for your reply.  How are your legs doing?
Thank you!
Best of luck and thank you for your reply.
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
KeeLolo commented on photo
57 mins ago
KeeLolo commented on krichar's status
59 mins ago
hansen20 commented on photo
1 hr ago