Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Bleeding and lump at injection site

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Bleeding and lump at injection site

Tonight I suggested to my husband that he try a new spot on my rear end for my progesterone injection. It bled a lot and now has a lump there. Is this a big deal? Will it go away soon? Thanks!
Not a big deal that will keep happening, just pick a different time each injection.
Okay thanks! Good to know!
Did he aspirate the needle?  It's possible you hit a vein or vessle and that's what caused the bleeding and bump this time around.  You should be fine, though.  And good luck with those progesterone shots!  We did them for 12 weeks - and it was SO worth it!  Now we're 35 weeks along!
Thank you! They are saying that I will need to take the shots for 9 1/2 weeks. Congratulations!
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
renae176 commented on photo
6 mins ago
Hollus We got to meet our adopted ... Comment
29 mins ago
Hollus commented on Des_a_rae's status
1 hr ago