Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Breast feels like it's on fire!

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Breast feels like it's on fire!

Hi Ladies!!  Coming up to 29 weeks now!  Whoohooo!  Yesterday I was changing into sweats after work, and when I took off my bra, my left breast quite literally felt like it's on fire.  It's not tender, it feels like someone punched me there.  Still feels that way this morning.  The right one is normal.  My next OB app. is Nov. 25th.  Is this normal for this stage?  I have been leaking a tiny bit of colustrum (sorry, sp.), so wondering if its just my body getting ready for baby, or is it possible to get some sort of infection or something?  Thanks so much as always.
I think it's just your body getting ready for the baby as the colustrum leaking starts around that time!  All of this is hard huh?  I don't remember being this uncomfortable with my first!
I can't believe you are in the final stretch!!! I am so freakin happy for you!!! Any way to answer your question....that is sooooo normal. I remember days when I would come home and rip of my bra because my breast were so sore! It sounds like your body is gearing up to be a breastfeeding machine!!!!!
It's normal.  Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't start to feel warm to the touch, if it does chat with your OB about it.
Wow, you're so close! :) I'm not familiar with this, but it's good to read the responses indicating it's normal. How are you feeling?
I had totally forgotten about that...but at some point over the summer, I had the exact same thing! It was only on one side and it felt like a burning sensation more than the regular soreness. It went away by itself again the following day...and I haven't had it since. Not sure what caused it, but just wanted to let you know that I've had it too.

:-)
It's because you are one HOT MOMMA BABY!
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Risa615, and veronica0808 commented on veronica0808's status
mhv commented on melimeli's status
mhv commented on photo