Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
CM, An Early Pregnancy Sign

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

CM, An Early Pregnancy Sign

HI Ladies

My DH and I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 11 months now.  I have just completed my 2nd round of Clomid and ovulated successfully 5 days after taking the last pill (LH surge detected for 3 days). My CM is usually really dry (especially now since taking Clomid).  I was due to start my period on 12th November and am now 2 days late (usual 24 day cycle).  I have taken 2 HPT's (both negative).  

This morning I had a lot of watery, clear/white mucus, has anyone had this type of mucus either before AF was due OR as part of early pregnancy signs?
It doesn't matter.  Whatever the state of your CM is, is meaningless.  Take another HPT in a few days if you don't get your period...hopefully, it will be positive!

Good luck!
Thanks for your input

It's so confusing as I have read several threads and posts on the internet that some women had a increase in their CM (watery/creamy) and swear it was an early sign of pregnancy.

Will retest at 14 dpo
It can be an early symptom, but not necessarily.  You can always see a Dr. for bloodwork as well, that is usually accurate at this point.  Good luck to you!!
Thanks Adgal

This is now driving me loopy loo!

I have one pregnancy test left and us girls know how expensive they can be.  I'm now 2 days late (but I am on my 2nd round of Clomid so who knows what my cycle really should be, last month I was 24 days now I'm 26 days) anyhew, I read on the 'Pea On A Stick' website that sometimes an OPK can detect whether you are pregnant.  I definately ovulated earlier in the month and now I have a positive OPK (2nd line is pretty much just as dark).  I've googled ovulated twice in one month and I know this can be possible but the suspense is killing me.  

Hope your doing well with your pregnancy

Andrea
Hey there,

With the OPK that second line has to be as dark, or darker. Almost as dark is not a positive.  I know you must be going nuts here, I do the same thing when I am waiting.  I am on round 3 of clomid, and it hasn't delayed my cycle, just brought it back to where it was (28 days).  If it were me, I would be at the Dr., cause waiting is the worst!!!

Good luck!!!
Hi Adgal

I got DH to have a look at the 2nd line when he came home, there was a bit of a clear water streak in the middle but he was adamant that the 2nd line WAS as dark :o)  It's really weird because it got darker over time?  I did a 2nd OPK this morning and the same thing has happend.  I'm going to wait until Sunday then take a HPT and take things from there.

Wish me luck