Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
CM, An Early Pregnancy Sign
About This Community:

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CM, An Early Pregnancy Sign

HI Ladies

My DH and I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 11 months now.  I have just completed my 2nd round of Clomid and ovulated successfully 5 days after taking the last pill (LH surge detected for 3 days). My CM is usually really dry (especially now since taking Clomid).  I was due to start my period on 12th November and am now 2 days late (usual 24 day cycle).  I have taken 2 HPT's (both negative).  

This morning I had a lot of watery, clear/white mucus, has anyone had this type of mucus either before AF was due OR as part of early pregnancy signs?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
It doesn't matter.  Whatever the state of your CM is, is meaningless.  Take another HPT in a few days if you don't get your period...hopefully, it will be positive!

Good luck!
Blank
Thanks for your input

It's so confusing as I have read several threads and posts on the internet that some women had a increase in their CM (watery/creamy) and swear it was an early sign of pregnancy.

Will retest at 14 dpo
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
It can be an early symptom, but not necessarily.  You can always see a Dr. for bloodwork as well, that is usually accurate at this point.  Good luck to you!!
Blank
Thanks Adgal

This is now driving me loopy loo!

I have one pregnancy test left and us girls know how expensive they can be.  I'm now 2 days late (but I am on my 2nd round of Clomid so who knows what my cycle really should be, last month I was 24 days now I'm 26 days) anyhew, I read on the 'Pea On A Stick' website that sometimes an OPK can detect whether you are pregnant.  I definately ovulated earlier in the month and now I have a positive OPK (2nd line is pretty much just as dark).  I've googled ovulated twice in one month and I know this can be possible but the suspense is killing me.  

Hope your doing well with your pregnancy

Andrea
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
Hey there,

With the OPK that second line has to be as dark, or darker. Almost as dark is not a positive.  I know you must be going nuts here, I do the same thing when I am waiting.  I am on round 3 of clomid, and it hasn't delayed my cycle, just brought it back to where it was (28 days).  If it were me, I would be at the Dr., cause waiting is the worst!!!

Good luck!!!
Blank
Hi Adgal

I got DH to have a look at the 2nd line when he came home, there was a bit of a clear water streak in the middle but he was adamant that the 2nd line WAS as dark :o)  It's really weird because it got darker over time?  I did a 2nd OPK this morning and the same thing has happend.  I'm going to wait until Sunday then take a HPT and take things from there.

Wish me luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Pregnancy Answerers
Blank
jesshat
Blank
Patriciaaa02
Blank
schenner2
Blank