Aa
A
A
Close
Cervix cerclage removed
Dear beautiful ladies.

Just had my cerclage removed and am just 35 week how am having pains and feeling so discomfort.please what can i do to ease the pain?
appreciate your urgent feedback.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
5536886 tn?1455830946
Typically just Tylenol is recommended for the pain- it should go away within a few days.  If you are still feeling pain tomorrow- I'd give your doctor a call to see what they say about it and see if they have some recommendations.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
4769306 tn?1513206606
Oh wow, I have a cerclage in place as well. I am currently 20 weeks. Did they check you to make sure u hadn't dilated? Did they give u a time frame as to when you may go into active labor? call you Ob as ask is this normal and what med you can take to help with the pain. They may have u come in to check you. How may weeks are u now or have u had your lil one? Congrats!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Is your cerclage your mucus plug?!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
4769306 tn?1513206606
No your cerclage it just a cervical stitch put in to keep u from dilating early and going into preterm labor. mucus plug is like a glob of snot/mucus that is brown in color and may have blood in it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community Resources