Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Cervix help please I need to know asap

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Cervix help please I need to know asap

So I checked my cervix for dilation because my midwife advised it since I have constantly been having contractions for weeks with no dilation. Today I decided to walk a mile, eat spicy food, and drink the raspberry tea. Well anyways I did exactly what midwife said and went to the back of vagina and found this tiny ball, is the tiny ball my cervix or what?? Because if i feel right under this ball it feels like the donut everyone says and i can place 2 fingers but i cant reach any further to see if it goes in or just dips. Then, I felt on this tiny little ball and it seems to kinda have a opening maybe, but BARELY. My question is is the tiny ball my cervix or is that just by my cervix
For starters, no decent midwife would recommend self checking your cervix, its clear you have no idea what you're doing or what you're looking for, this is why they are carried out by people who have had adequate training. Secondly, they do it in a sterile environment, your normal handwash soap doesn't cut the grade in cleaning your hands perfectly.  By doing your own checks you run the risk of transmitting an infection to your baby. Thirdly, raspberry tea leaf does nothing for dilation, it only helps strengthen your uterinemuscles to make for a shorter, stronger (hopefully) labour.  And nothing will make your baby come until its ready to come. I had a 6 day stop start labour, and severe braxton hicks for 13w before that, and an early labour scare before that at 29w
Actually she did. I was given gloves and ky jelly because I was going up to the hospital every other day with contractions 2-3 minutes apart to be checked for an hour and sent home. She along with my doctor who will be delivering me by c section if it is needed said to check every other day OR when my contractions became unbearable before heading to the hospital again just to be sent home. The problem is she said there would be a doughnut and to put my fingers in that but all a feel is a ball.
Well if you dont know how i dont know why shed advise you to.. or why any medical professional would advise that at all. If youre that worried about it go back to the hospital again until they decide to keep you. To me it sounds like youve been to the jospital multiple times to be checked, not to your midwife so im concerned as to why your MW would be the one to recommend self checks? Just do like the rest of us and go to a medical professional bc you have clearly stated you dont know what youre doing.. its safer for your baby if you go to the hospital..
You all are being rude as hell to her .you are not answering the questions just making her feel crappy you don't know what her mW told her. N plus I'm pretty sure she know the risk .
Her question is: My question is is the tiny ball my cervix or is that just by my cervix? My answer : go to a medical professional bc you have clearly stated you dont know what youre doing.. its safer for your baby if you go to the hospital..
Newmamma we aren't being rude. Although her mw MAY have told her to self check, no DECENT midwife would recommend self checks. She admits herself she doesn't know what she is doing so poses a risk to baby. If someone was having contractions 2-3 mins apart then hospital should be the place to go. If she is at term, contracting withoutt dilating they can give her the pessary or the prostaglandin gel to encourage her cervix to become more favourable.