Cramping 6-8 days BEFORE ovulation
Has anyone had cramps during the follicular phase of their cycle around days 10-12 when they don't ovulate for another week? Any ideas as to what this cramping could this be as I often get it? Thanks.
I'm not sure if you are still checking this post, but I just found this and I definitely have the same thing going on every month. Everyone seems to think it's strange and I'm glad I found someone else that has this! I starting cramping around day 10 and I don't ovulate until closer to day 21. Sometimes I get almost two straight weeks of cramping and backaches... so, with regular menstrual cramps, I'll cramp almost the whole month! My cycles are closer to 34-35 days most of the time. I personally think it's just my ovaries getting geared up to ovulate and I'm maybe more sensitive to it. Have you figured anything out pertaining to this since your original post?
Are you taking any fertility herbs or meds? I just know that when I was taking 1000 mg of evening primrose oil, twice a day, I had cramping on and off during the follicular phase. I stopped taking it and everything went back to normal.

Not sure if this relates to your cases at all, but I figured I'd share it...just in case.
No, I'm not taking anything but prenatals. I don't think this would cause this, but who knows... thanks for the suggestion though... I was on BC for close to 15 years, went off, then got pregnant with my first son. We are now trying to conceive our second child... I feel like just now, at this stage of my life, I am finally trying to figure out my cycles. I haven't really had true cycles to monitor in 15 years.... so who knows... this could just be my body getting use to ovulating for the first time in a very long time.  
I agree. I don't think it could be caused by the prenatals. You might be right about your body just getting used to regular cycles again. Good luck this month! Hopefully you'll get a BFP soon!!!!
I ALWAYS had cramps, bad ones, before ovulation, about a week or so. My doctors all said it was normal when I was younger and advised me to take Advil. I found out later I have endometriosis and that caused more pain during that time. It can also impede conception, so it is something to consider.
The toughest part of my cycle is days 6--11 with an ovulation on day 11.  I also have endometriosis and it would appear there is something awry at this time. Perhaps we don't have enough FSH (follicle stimulating hormone?) and therefore we don't make proper eggs?  I once used FSH at this time and my symptoms lifted considerably.  Just a thought... I have been trying to figure out what to do...  My best guess is that the body senses there is too much estrogen to ovulate safely and as a preventative measure tries to stop egg development because it views  a full ovualtion as a danger.  It's defense toward estrogen at this time is prolactin - which if the body raises too high can cause headaches, cramping etc.  After estrogen peaks at ovulation, prolactin falls as it is no longer needed and symptoms subside.  Ovualtion is the highest estrogen peak time.  Solution then?  Get rid of estrogen in the diet and thru exercise to cue the body it is safe to OV.