Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Cymbalta and Pregnancy

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Cymbalta and Pregnancy

I have BP2 and am trying to get pregnant.  I have come off of a lot of my medications.  My final meds are Wellbutrin, Trazodone and Cymbalta.  The Wellbutrin is suppose to take the place of the cymbalta.  After horrible withdrawal, I came completely off of Cymbalta last week.  I became so depressed that I couldn't stand to talk, much less move.  All I wanted to do was sleep and be left alone.  When I did interact, I was grizzly mean.  I started back on the Cymbalta yesterday, b/c my depression was overwhelming and my meaness was clearly taking a toll on my husband and 4 year old.

With all of that said, it seems that I may not be able to come off of Cymbalta right now.  What do you know about women who took Cymbalta for the duration of the pregnancy?  And how healthy were their babies?

I'm not pregnant, yet.  However, I want to be.

tx
I can't say I know anything about the effects of the meds you mentioned when it comes to fertility and pregnancy.  I do know that drugs for bipolar disorders, depression, etc. should not just be stopped.  That can be quite dangerous.  If you want to get off of these meds, it should be through discussion with your Dr. and with his help.  Just stopping cold turkey is not only not healthy for you, but can cause serious problems.  Please talk to your Dr. about all of what you have posted.  Its very very important.  I wish you all the best, and hope you achieve your wish soon.
my doc is in the loop ....all of my doctors are...but they all just keep saying we have to weight the benefits vs. the risks, but none of them will definitively say "yes...it's okay to take Cymbalta" or "no...don't you dare".  It's a scary decision to make.  However, I have to be medicated....so, I'm still waiting for someone's permission to stay on my meds....