Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Egg donor success stories

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Egg donor success stories

Hi there,

I am all set to do IVF using an egg donor in September and wanted to hear from other that have done the same.
I have started my meds so has my donor.  I am 43 1/2 ad ready to be a mom!
I am 43 and just had my second IVF with donor eggs.  The first transfer was done with 2 fresh embryos.  I miscarried at 6.5 weeks.  I only had one embryo to freeze and we were told with only 1 to transfer, we had a 48 percent chance of success.  We are cautiously optimistic at each doctor's visit - but we are 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  It only takes one!  With a lot of prayer we are  anxiously awaiting our next doctor's visit.  Good luck!
I have had two tries with donor eggs.  The first resulted in twin gestation, but a vanished twin at 8 weeks (not learned until week 12).  However, the resulting baby stayed, and is now 3 1/2 years old.  No problems carrying the pregnancy except of course the vanished twin.  Second shot with the same donor resulted in an identical twin pregnancy that miscarried at 9 weeks from twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome.  I believe we will try once more with a new donor in October.
I read a blog called Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters who has an incredible blog roll. She has a section for donor gametes with many, many, many blogs of families who have been there. You might want to check it out if you'd like to see other stories...

http://www.stirrup-queens.com/a-whole-lot-of-blogging-brought-to-you-sorted-and-filed/donor-gamete-and-surrogacy-room/

I used a donor egg with IVF.   It is early in my pregnancy and we will know more after my first ultrasound this week.  I tried IVF once before with a donor egg and had a miscarriage at around 5 weeks, so I am a little gun shy this time around.   Hopefully this one will stick and I can continue to report good news and a good experience.  I have questions for those of you in donor programs...   What type of donor program was it? Ex:  "Shared" program or insurance program where you get more tries for a higher price?  I am asking because it was expensive since we had to do this twice...wondering if I should have tried an insurance program.  (Hind sight is 20/20).  Did you use a donor you know or did you pick an "anonymous" donor?  My biggest question was "Do I do a day 3 or day 5 transfer?"   I chose Day 5 and had none for freezing...but hopefully that won't be an issue because I'm praying this one to stick.   I wish you luck.
Sounds like you and I are in the same boat!  I started my lupron last week and I got for bloodwork and Ultrasound tomorrow.  How are you doing?  I am so anxious but trying to remain calm and stress-free.  We are aiming for mid-September retrieval!  SSBD to you!!!!!  
Mine is a long and complicated story using a known donor... I fell pregnant on our first try, but m/c'd a 7 wks (due to uterine adhesions).  We have a new RE and 7 remaining embryos.  Our new RE is going to thaw out the embies and try to get them to blast.  If so, we will be doing a Sept 8th transfer, if not.. it's back to the old drawing board for us.  I do believe we will be using a refund program next.
  I am just praying with all of my heart that this time works out all the way around. the thawing and the transfer ending in a BFP.   I'm 43 and soooo ready to be a mom!

Sticky Baby Dust to Everyone!!! : )