Exercise after delivery - why 6 week wait?
Hi Ladies:

I don't know about you, but I have no intention of sitting on my fat butt for 6 weeks after delivery.  With DD I was walking a few miles after the first week.  I also started doing some light sit ups I think that are in the What to Expect book after 3 weeks or so. My OB wasn't too thrilled.  Anybody know why even light exercise is frowned upon for 6 whole weeks?   Seems like a long time to me.

Hope all is well.  Any new babies this weekend?

I'm 37w2d and counting!  
well I don't know about the sit ups but walking is fine and some light hand weights ( nothing heavier than your baby)  I did that with both of mine...  I don't think they want sit ups because your innards need to heal... but you know me... I have been the most worried  on here I think about loosing weight.. I will not be waiting 6 weeks even got the jogging stroller put together this weekend!
I know you can hemorrhage.  After I had my son I was walking a lot and up and down stairs and starting bleeding a lot.  Thankfully, I just had to rest a bit and try to take it easy.  I think they want to wait until you stop bleeding to get back into exercise.  I am sure walking is fine.  After my last post (see fat butt post) I will be anxious but know that it takes time to lose the weight.  :)
I agree with jifnif. Same thing happened to me. After about 4 weeks, I thought I was almost done bleeding, so I started doing some laundry, up and down the basement steps, taking walks with the baby outside, etc. Bleeding started back up pretty heavy again, so I got the message and rested until I was done bleeding completely. Good for you to want to exercise right away, however, you may want to wait until you are done bleeding, just to be safe.  Best wishes.