Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Fetal Heart Monitor?

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Fetal Heart Monitor?

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I recieved a little handheld fetal doppler I'm renting from Baby Beats and unfortunately, I couldn't find the baby's heartbeat.  I used one of these with my first pregnancy, but I think I ordered it a little later into my pregnancy.

Anyway, I'm nearly 10 weeks, and I know that sometimes baby's heartbeat is hard to locate that early, though it is possible, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice?  I'm not even sure where to look at this point!  I did find my placenta pretty easily, and my own heartbeat, but just couldn't hear baby.

Sheri
really down low by your pelvic bone... really slowly move it...  good luck...  it is a bit early  
really low, and aim it down toward your feet...

i didn'thear it good till 11 weeks... and it took about 45 mins. of trying to find it.

and then i couldn't find it again for a few days.

once you are 16 weeks it will be so easy to find, you won't even have to 'look' for it

once you find it, its such a nice bonding experience!  jsut dont freak out if you can't find it.... because its hard to find.
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
Belle313 commented on photo
Risa615, and veronica0808 commented on veronica0808's status