HCG did not double. Can there still be hope?
Oh no, I just got a call from the nurse.  I took a beta test today and it didn't double.  It went from 1053 on Wed. to 1666 today:(  I expressed my concern but the nurse said the Dr. didn't say anything, just wants me back this Sunday for another beta.

Has a similar thing happened to anyone else but did everything turn out ok?
Oh Miranda I'm so sorry that you got that news today.  You know there is still a chance and I'll be praying that this Sunday your numbers do shoot up.  Your numbers looked so good.  It's still a 58% increase and I really do hope that things turn out good for you.  

Please keep us updated and I'll be praying for some great numbers this Sunday for you.

My BETA started out slow. I was concerned, but my Dr wasn't.  Well, we did like 5 BETAs and each time it got alittle better. I am now 17 weeks w/ that baby. So YES, there is still hope. As long as it's going up and not down, that's what they kept telling me. Hang in there and keep us posted.
Side note:
Was this a FET pregnancy by chance? (Frozen Embryo Transfer)
I read online that it was expected to increase by 60% every 2 days - you were very close to that. If the doctor is not worried, then try not to worry - stress is definitely not good. Are you going back on Monday?
I'm going back on Sunday. Thank you.
I hope everything is ok and that sunday comes fast for you. Try not to worry to much, your bean is probably just taking their time.
Dont stress yourself out...it will all be fine...praying for you on sunday....DOUBLE!!!
Miranda, this is exactly what happened to me, and I was a basket case.  My levels went from 1000 to 4000 in a week, so doubling time about every 83 hours or something like that.  We all read so much about doubling time being every 48 hours and it turns out that is only true up to the levels reaching 1000.  Even before 1000, the rule is doubling every 48 to 72 hours!  After 1000-1200 they start to slow down.  I have copied and pasted part of an article I found (all the information out there about doulbing times of HCG levels says the same thing).

Within the first 2 - 4 weeks after fertilization, hCG usually doubles every 48 - 72 hours. That usually corresponds to hCG levels below 1200 mIU/ml. From 1200 - 6000, the hCG usually takes 72-96 hours to double. Above 6000 mIU/ml, the hCG often takes over four days to double. So, the rate of increase in hCG levels normally varies as a pregnancy progresses. hCG that does not double every two to three days does not necessarily indicate a problem with the pregnancy. Some normal pregnancies will have quite low levels of hCG, and result in perfect babies.

Once the hCG levels are above 1000 - 1500 mIU/ml, vaginal sonography usually identifies the presence of an intrauterine pregnancy. At that point an ectopic pregnancy is effectively ruled out. Once the pregnancy is visible on ultrasound, further hCG testing is less reliable than ultrasound for monitoring a pregnancy, as the variations in hCG levels are frequently misleading and cause unnecessary worry.

Honey, it sounds like you are doing just fine!  Your doubling times are normal.  Mine did this and my little man is healthy as can be at 17 weeks!  Hang in there, and don't try to interpret those levels yourself.  They are going up and that is what matters!  At this stage they will be able to see more on an ultrasound, although most OB's wait until 8 weeks when they know for sure a heartbeat will be present.  (((((Hugs)))) and hang tight.  It's going to be fine!
Sorry, had to add this info.  I went to an HCG calculator and entered your info.  Your doubling time is exactly every 72 hours which is perfect!  Here is the chart associated with it.....

HCG Level

Doubling Time
6000

> 96 hours

You are exactly where you should be!!  Sorry to keep posting on this thread, I just really hate the idea of you going through the stress I did over this, and it being unneccesary.  Amanda
Thank you, you are all wonderful women in trying to reassure me!  My poor DH doesn't understand my worry; his attitude is one of accepting and moving on and we almost got into an argument over my worry:(

I do feel stronger to face tomorrow's results, thank you again.
Miranda - I hear you about stressing about this - amanda gave some wonderful advice and information.  I know first hand what you mean about husbands.  My anxiety about the numbers drove my dh and I really far apart sometimes.  

It will get better - I have you in my thoughts for tomorrow - jen
Yeah!  My beta results today show levels just below 3000!  I am so relieved!  Thank you for all of your positive words!
yippee!!!!
Oh Miranda, I am so happy for you!!!  I just knew in my heart it was going to be ok.  There is so much said about those numbers having to double every 48 hours and it is just not true.  I can't wait for you to have that first ultrasound.  Once you see that heartbeat you will truly be able to relax a bit and enjoy!!
Miranda, that's great news. :) I'm glad things are going well for you. I hope you will be able to breathe easier for awhile!! I know what you mean about husbands, my DH is wonderful but does not stress about much, ever-- and if he's stressed at all about my pregnancy, it doesn't show at all. It's so different for them, they just aren't experiencing it the way we do.
yeah I'm so relieved and happy for you miranda. I'm so glad that things are going as they should be.  
I am glad to hear everything is ok :)
I missed this whole post over the weekend....but great news!!! I'm so happy for you!
CONGRATS!!!!! I'm so happy for you. And my husband is the same way.
That is great news!
I just got back from seeing a friend who just had a baby, he HCG levels never doubled. She has a healthy baby boy now. FYI
Don't stress yourself.  As long as the numbers are steadily increasing there is a GREAT chance.  
I went in on Monday thought I was 7 weeks 3 days pregnant. But when the doc did a ultrasound they saw an empty sac. The doc said it could be an ectopic pregnancy or a misscarriage. Had blood test done showing results of hcg level at 23,300. Went back today to have another blood test done which was 48 hours from monday and results came back at 29,300. I'm worried that it didn't double. Having another ultrasound next week. I'm hoping I'm just really early and ovulated later than I thought. This is really stressing me out.
Adgal is right. Levels sound good. Mine weren't doubling as fast as they liked and I am now 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and baby seems to be perfect and great heartbeat. Hang in there.
Hi My first beta on 11th day 32. The second beta on day 14th was 39. my 3rd on day 19th 45. Dr. tells me to stop estogen and projesterone. I feel I am so pregnant. What do you think? Thanks