Had sonogram and found no heartbeat
I had a sonogram yesterday and I should have been 7 weeks 2 days but instead I was 6 weeks 1 day and they found no heartbeat. I also had my hcg levels checked 2 times last week and although they went up, they didn't double in 48 hours which is what lead her to have me do the sonogram. I didn't ask what they were so I have no idea. I also had another sonogram 12 days ago and they didn't see any fetal pole at the time but said that I looked to be around 5 weeks 3 days by their measurements of the yolk sac, I guess. I have an appointment with my midwife on Monday and another sonogram on Friday but I'm thinking that I've already lost the baby and now is just a waiting game. I still "feel" pregnant but I kinda have it in my mind that I will miscarry. My husband is still very hopeful and he is sort of angry with me for feeling this way, but I feel like I need to be prepared for the worst. Any insight would be great!
I should also mention the ultrasound was Trans V............I have no idea how I am going to make it until next Friday waiting for the next one!!!!
I feel for you, as I've been in your situation.  I hope it all turns out okay!  For me, they didn't see the h/b at the second sonogram either so I had a D&C.  However, I've heard of MANY others whose babies turned out fine- the h/b was just heard later.  Best of luck!!  Without getting your hopes up too much, try not to think only negative thoughts.  
I am sorry you are going through this awful waiting game! It is good to prepare yourself for the worst but it is also just as important to hold onto your hope and pray for the best!

I truly hope Friday brings you wonderful news!
I am so sorry to hear you are going thru this. I have been in the same boat also.
I had a D&C this past Jan 2010.

We are certainly all praying for you.  Best Wishes!!
Thanks for the well wishes and prayers everyone! I will let you know when I find something out. I may ask the Midwife to do another hcg test on Monday to see if my levels are increasing or decreasing so I can at least have a little peace till Friday.
my friend just had the same problem..coulndt see the heart at 8 weeks, she went at 10 weeks..surprise...you are having twins!...what a surprise
I know this is hard.  You are at that "on the border" timeline where there is no option but to wait and see.  I wish you all the best and please let us know how you are doing.
Well ladies, I went in for a sonogram yesterday and they again found no heartbeat and the fetal pole had stayed the same size and my hcg levels were decreasing and I ended up having a d&c at 7:00pm after being at the hospital since 9:00am yesterday. What a horrible long day. I'm so glad that I am home and I'm just trying to start the healing process. I feel so empty and at the same time so relieved that I don't have to worry about what is going to happen. I know that it happened for a reason and that is what I'm trying to focus on.
Thanks for all the support!!
I am so very sorry.  I have been there, and I know this is a difficult time.  Know that the physical healing is fairly quick, and for the emotional...make sure you take really good care of you, and don't be afraid to lean on others for support.  Again, I am so sorry, and I am keeping you in my thoughts.
I'm so sorry, too.  It brings back sad memories of my own experience.  I'll be thinking of you and hope your healing process goes quickly and you soon get the baby you are meant to have.
I'm so sorry. I hope you are doing well.
I'm so sorry.  I was really hoping for the best for you.  I know how it feels, try to take care of yourself!