Hcg test - VERY faint pink line
My af is due today and it's been a no show. I bought a cheap dollar store Hcg test and took it after lunch. I drank A LOT of water at lunch ... There was a VERY FAINT pink line. Would this be .... "positive"??? I'm thinking of getting an early response and taking it again this afternoon. Are the cheap dollar store brands just as good? Any name brand recommendations?
The dollar store ones are accurate as long as it's the pink dye. I would recommend the Clear Blue Digital or First Response they tell you in yes/no, prenant/not pregnant. No guess work with the lines. It's spelled out for you. I wish you the best and I hope you get a positive. :)
It was the pink dye test. But it was very faint. I bought a digital clear blue easy. I'll know for sure soon....
good luck!! I never got a positive untill I was pretty pregnant with the dollar store brands but a line is a line even if its faint! I hope you get a positive "PREGNANT" on your digital!!!
I think a congrats is in order!!  Always test with first morning urine, when it is not diluted.  but a faint line is a line indeed!  

I have personally never used the ones that give you a clear "yes/no" but maybe it's time to give those a try!  

Congrats again and test for sure tomorrow am!!
Clear blue digital this afternoon - pregnant. Oh my. I'm freaking out a little. It's been a long journey.
Yay! Congrats! Happy 9 months!

Doesn't seeing the word Pregnant make everything so grand!!!!
OMG - huge congrats!!!  I guess you can test any time of day with the digital tests??  lol

So exciting...have you told anyone yet...besides us cyber-girls?  :)
No one yet. I'm really nervous about telling anyone. We mc'd last October ('09) and have been trying for a LLLLLOOOONNNGGG time. I'm really in shock. And two weeks from my 40th birthday....
Was that the best early birthday present, or what??!!  :)  I found out I was pregnant with our daughter (almost three years ago now) two weeks before my birthday too and it was the best.

I turned 39 in September and hoping that your "condition" is contagious!  

So sorry to hear of your loss.  Get on the phone to schedule your first appt and congrats again...and Happy Birthday!!!  :)
Thank you!
Congrats!!!!! I was gonna say I never really get a super dark positive from the dollar store tests....

Congrats again
I know how you feel...Ive had 2 miscarriages this year and I am now 4 weeks pregnant and scared to death...

SSBD
Angel
Congratulations!

I took three dollar store tests. The first one had a veeeery faint second line and I thought it was negative, but I did some research online and found out even if it's faint it's positive! That first time I took the test in the afternoon, so next time I took the test first thing early morning and the line was much darker. :o)

This website has the *best* information on all kinds of different home pregnancy tests and what the results mean, etc. It even has pictures. This is where I learned more about my test results: http://www.peeonastick.com/

Congratulation... That's 2 pregnant... and that is a heck of a birthday present... I am currently taking a break and will be starting up in FEB and am hoping that I get a BFP for my 50th birthday!!!

I will tell you that your success stories keep me going... altho I do feel like I am the eldest among the ladies TTCing here!!!

Congrats again and Happy Birthday!!!

P.S. Anchee thanks for the website info!!!
I took the second one that came in the box this morning - pregnant for sure. That's three positives.... And I feel pregnant too... Wow.
Sorry I missed this...I have been floating around head in clouds the last few days..lol.

Huge congratulations to you!!!!  Yay, another belly buddy!!!  I wish you a healthy and stress free pregnancy (does that exist? lol).  I am so very very happy for you!!
I did 3 dollar store tests and they were all faint positive and then I did a clear blue easy and it was faint too.  At that point I was 4 days late and I am now 12 weeks pregnant.  So excited..  My oldest will be 20 when this baby is born, I also have a 13 and 14 year old and a 6 year old step son.  This is definately been an exciting journey for all of us!  28 more weeks of this excitement!  I still can't believe I am pregnant, can't wait to start feeling movement.