Healing episiotomy that looks like a bullet wound?
I'm 37 years old first of all. I had an episiotomy 4 mths ago during the birth of my 1st and only child. I was told in addition to that, I also tore the rest of the way and ended up with internal and external stitches. I held off looking at those stitches until about 3 weeks later and when I did, the perineum had stitching in a complete circle with an open hole in the middle - the middle is soft flesh. I'd gone to the doctor who told me the area looked like it was healing ok. I went back to the doctor for the 6 wk appt and was told again the area seemed to be healing fine. A month later the doctor wanted to do a cancer screening pap so I asked if the area had flattened out yet and was told it had. It gave me some courage to look again at the area, and as it looks now, it actually looks like I have another rectum (TMI I know) where the perineum is. Its disturbing and the doctors don't seem to want to acknowledge anything looks "off" to them. Yet I can't find any information on how a healing episiotomy scar should look - I realize my situation may be different because I tore as well. Has this happened to anyone else or am I losing my mind?  To my dismay, I've also recently discovered major loss of sensitivity in the whole area.  
I did not have an episiotomy, so this is tough for me to comment on.  A couple of thoughts though...I am almost exactly one year post c-section.  I have talked to other women who claim their scar is almost nothing now.  Mine is still red, raised, and ugly!  I also have little sensitivity around the area.  When I spoke to my Dr. she said that everyone has a different experience and heals differently.  She was not concerned about the physical appearance, just that it is healing well.  I guess that is (and should be) a Dr.s primary concern.  The comment was made however that it wasn't the "neatest job" whatever that means.

If I were you, I might get a second opinion.  Just have someone else take a look.  Perhaps the Dr. that did it didn't do the "neatest job" if you know what I mean, and perhaps there are options to help it out.  I do believe the loss of sensitivity is fairly normal, at least I would think so given that when they cut there are nerve endings, etc. cut through.  But when in doubt, always seek a second opinion.
I had an episiotomy because I tore and I didn't have any issues like you are describing.  I don't have any loss of feeling like that and my scar definitely didn't heal up like that.  I would absolutely get a second opinion.
My story might not be so comforting and I apologize.  I had one of the worst episiotomys.  I am 5'1 and was only 120 pounds, all baby when I delivered my first.  He was 8lbs with a huge head.  My petite little body had a difficult time pushing this baby out and I tore!  The stitching was internal and external as well.  Unfortunately, it did take a few months for me to heal.  I couldn't do very much, and the doc did say it was the worst episiotomy he has ever seen.  I have since healed, of course, but it did take a few months.  Although I was afraid to look and see what it looked like, I can tell you it was not pretty from what I was told.  They never did say it got infected.  Everyone is different.  I took very very good care of it every single day.  I took a "sitsbath" and placed it on the toilet every day with mild soap to clean myself about five times a day.  I would sit on it for about five minutes.  I wouldnt touch it or used a washcloth.  I would just soak my bottom in it often with warm/hot water.  it helped!  A midwife's remedy and it helped.  it takes time, but I can totally understand your concern.