IVF Success at 44
Does anyone have a success story concerning IVF on the 1st or 2nd round???
Desperate to hear something positive.
Hey Lis...

Sorry...I had 3, but didn't have success with them. Not to worry, because you can still have success. All our bodies are different and respond differently. I did however get BFP's via IUI x2, but unfortunately mc'd. I have one snow baby and am looking forward to a transfer in Jun. Actually, I've been back & forth with trying IUI b-4 my one snow baby. I pray that you will have success and hopefully you'll get some positives from others who have BFP's via IVF. Much Baby Dust & Baby Love to ya.

Cheers~
Savanha~~
40smama is had her baby on 22 April but she used donor eggs.  I'm not sure exactally how old she is.  You might check her profile.  

I'm 45 and got pregnant with first attempt at IVF. I used donor eggs and I'm now 21 weeks pregnant with a little girl. I chose to use donor eggs because I felt like it was now or never. I have 2 biological boys 8 and 10. I feel just as bonded with this baby as I did with the other two. Don't give up!
Hi - I just read your post and saw that you're looking for success stories.  Like Tanker said, we got pg on our 2nd attempt at IVF.  Our first one was w/my own eggs and it got cancelled two days before retrieval.  I couldn't bear going through all of that again (I'm a chicken?) so we went straight to donor eggs.  If you have any questions, let me know.  I too am 44 almost 45 and as tanker said, just delivered a healthy baby boy last week.  I'm not on the forum very much so if you pm me, I'll be able to get back to you quicker.
I'm 46 and 6wks pregnant after 3 IVF's. I used my eggs once then donor twice. I was like 40smama, one failure was all I could take. Then of course we had failure with the first donor. But we did not give up. Here we are after 3 tries expecting. Its all worth it. If I can help in any way let me know.
D:-)
Lisa ~ thanx for having this thread on here ~ was wondering the same exact thing ~ going for consult this morn ~ have you started yet?
I am 42 had to IVF attempts done the first I had a chemical pregnancy with my own embryos the second time we used our own frozen embryos. I am about to do a thrid attempt with a fresh retrieval my own eggs. I am not giving up, some day it will happen. I have heard  quite a few success stories and I am sticking to my goal.
Hi it is great to see positive attitude. I hope your third attempt will be succes.  I am 45 years old and I just started my first IVF. I am on the second day of injections and I am also taking cortizone and asirin.  If anyone who is reading this is having trouble with high FSH perhaps my experience can be useful. My FSH was 11,3 a year ago. I have just finished 6 months course of acupuncture and chinese medicine and my FSH dropped to 7, 5 ! So that part is working well but the next step seem to be getting out good eggs and high number. I am anxious but hoping it will work well and I am taking one day at the time. I read scandinavian study that seem to point that transfer of one egg has in fact more chances then transfer of more eggs. If retrival works well I am planning tranfer of one or two eggs. I am not yet considering egg donor option but would like to hear more from those that done it - in case I need to change my strategy to donnor egg. Zansi
Has anyone been given an AMH or MIS test??  Its a new test that apparently is a more acurate measure of ovarian reserve.
They gave one to me before I stat IVF and my test came out pretty bad even though my FSH was only 7.2.  
I may consider calling the whole thing off - anyone else have this test??
I had the AMH and mine came back great. My RE said that my ovaries weren't really showing signs of aging. But at 45, IVF still did not work until we used donor eggs.
Bestof Luck,
D:-)
  I'm 43 and got pregnant the first try with IVF with my own egg.  I also did acupuncture for the month before, 1 hr before transfer and 1 hr after transfer.  They were able to retrieve 19 high quality eggs and 14 fertilized.  They transfered 3 of the embryos, and I'm now 17 wks pregnant with one baby!  I still have embryos frozen that I don't know what to do with.  I think the key to my success was the acupuncture.  Good luck!
Hi there well i went thru 3 iui's w/ no luck and my first ivf i got pregnent but after abt 5wks.unfortunatley things didnt progress.I just completed my 2nd roung w/ ivf and am happy to share that Iam 8wks. along as of tommorow,I heard the heartbeat last week and my numbers look normal however iam am a week behind w/the gestational sac as they told me it should all be ok.I think once I hit my 2nd trimester I will feel more safe.But keep up the hard work It def. can work for you I know it gets frustrating :why us?"But at least we have choices.Hang in there,It will all be Okay.
Thank you all for sharing your stories!!!
Hi I saw your comment and it sounds so positive. I have done 6 months of acupuncture and now I am doing my first IVF at 45 years. I am still doing acupuncture. I had five good eggs but only four was retrived yesterday and this morning I am waiting to hear news if any of four eggs has been fertilised. I am booked for 5th day transfer on Tuesday. Your news gives me hope. Thanks for sharing. I hope your pregnancy goes well.
Hi Lisa how are you? Where are you with your IVF? This is my first IVF and I had five eggs developing but only four eggs were retrieved yesterday. I will hear if any was fertilised during the last 24hours. I am hoping that I will have one good egg to transfer on day 5 -which is Tuesday. And just a question - have you tried acupuncture? Some research shows that several months of acupuncture may improves chances of pregnancy by 50 %. It might be worth trying. Good luck.
Did you get BFP on your first IVF attempt? Studies have shown this is almost impossible after the age of 42-43 using your own eggs! I think anyone over the age of 40 being told by their clinic to use their own eggs needs to get a second opinion.
I have read lots of info on the internet and more and more are confirming that using donor eggs after the age of 40 is the better option.

I am age 40 had 2 failed IVF attempts and 1 IUI and now onto donor last chance! I am on the 2ww with 2nd day transfer 2 donor embryos A good quality, heres some info that might be of interest for you girls out there thinking of using your own eggs, I have no medical experience but have experienced IVF and IUI.

* For women younger than 35, the percentage of live births per cycle is 39.6%.
    * For women ages 35 to 37, the percentage of live births per cycle is 30.5%.
    * For women ages 38 to 40, the percentage of live births per cycle is 20.9%.
    * For women ages 41 to 42, the percentage of live births per cycle is 11.5%.
    * For women ages 43, the percentage of live births per cycle is 6.2%.
    * After age 44, little more than 1% of IVF cycles with non-donor eggs lead to live birth.

As you can see, IVF success goes down significantly after age 40. For this reason, most women 40 and up use donor eggs.
i already have 3 children in my previous relationship .now  am 44 years  and want  to do The ivp  .is it possible?
mhv
This is a thread from 2008.  You may want to start s new thread asking your question to get replies
We tried 3 iui's, at 41 the 3rd try was successful, currently 8wks pregnant with our first!!