I'm Pregnant at 45.. happy excited terrified & scare to death!
I'm 45 years old and 5 1/2 weeks pregnant (Naturally).  My husband and I have been trying for 2 years a number of IUI's but no success so we just gave up.  I have 2 children from my 1st marrage (age 18 & 14).  I'm scare to death, don't know if I can do this all over again at my age.  My husband is 5 years younger and really wanted a child of our own.  He is so happy but he doesn't understand all the riskes being pregnant at 45.  I know most women my age will have a miscarriage.  And the birth defects rate is so high.  I work 2 jobs to make enough money to send my older son off to college in less than 2 months.  I have high blood pressure and low blood sugar. I'm tired all the time only getting 5 hours of sleep on most nights.  I keep praying and telling myself that if this is what God has in His plan for our family then I should not be afraid.  Are there any women out there who can related??  I need a support group.
Well, God might have this in His plan, but he doubtless will not object if you improve your diet, take your iron and folic acid, work on the blood-pressure issue.  If the worst came to the worst and the pregnancy failed, at least you will be able to tell yourself you did everything you possibly could to make it right.  Good luck, 45 is not too old for a successful pregnancy.
totally agree with anniebrooke on this one, , get it all happening to ensure you give this pregnancy the best possible chance, try and start getting some sleep/rest longer than 5 hrs if you can and start to take care of yourself, happy/healthy  mum, will hopefully equal  happy/healthy  baby :)
First off congrats on the pregnancy!  Being pregnant over 40 definitely comes with some extra risks but what can you do? Eat right, take care of yourself like the two sweet ladies posted already. Prayer won't hurt either ;)
Best of luck for a very healthy and uneventful pregnancy!!
Definitely don't doubt your age, because the 70 year old lady on tlc from over in Europe didn't and she had a baby! Ha so if she can do you can REALLY do it. Good luck and congratulations!!!! And God bless:)
When one door closes, another opens.  On 7/16 (my husband's birthday) we received confirmation we were not pregnant.  We have been going trough IVF.  I'm 41 and we have been trying for over 2 years now.  
Hearing your story has given me hope to continue.  I agree with the other woman about taking care of your health.  You should be proud you were able to to conceive naturally and hold that close to your heart.  Get your rest and eat healthy.  I wish you and your family all the best.  
Keep us informed of your progress.
Thank you ladies for all your well wishes.  Doctor confirmed I'm 8 weeks pregnant.  Did our first ultrasound and saw the baby's heart beat.  I'm amazed and speechless.  What a blessing from heaven.  I will do my best to eat well and get more rest.  I see the doctor 2x a week for shots and for weekly ultrasound and blood test to be sure baby is doing well.  These all-day-sickness is driving crazy :(  lost 2 lbs. in 10 days.  But very lucky that I have no problem falling asleep I can feel myself drifting away within 60 seconds.  I have to keep myself healthy so by the end of August my doctor will let me take the trip with my older son to NewYork to get him settle for college.  Very exciting and stressful time for my family.  Thanks for listening Ladies... it does help alot releasing some stress.  Take care everyone!!
Also more susceptible for twins!!!!!!!
congrats~!! I am 42 with 4 chirldren 22 and 17 / 9 and 6 yrs. I can totally relate to all of your concerns. God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I put it in Gods hands and ask him to help me deal with my fears. Good luck ~ btw~ I am 4wks and staying very positive.
I just turned 45 in July and 5 days later got pg myself naturally.   I'm scared to death as I got pg in January of this year as well at 44 and sadly after our first u/s of seeing the "low" heartbeat, baby didn't make it and I m/c'd.   I have a 16 month son that I had at 43 with the help of fertility meds.    I'm quite surprised to find myself pg naturally with no assistance and basically not trying at my age now and hoping this one goes the distance.   I'm 7 weeks today and hoping there is good news at my first u/s which should be in a week or so.   Its so inspiring to hear stories like you....you lifted my spirits today and gave me hope that I too will find myself with good news on the heartbeat soon.
by the way....I actually had to google "the oldest women on record to conceive and deliver with no fertility aids".....amazingly enough, I'm not it....I had to laugh though that the thought actually crossed my mind.    I gotta be close though :).    good to hear there are more out there.
13 weeks and 4 days... I had 6 ultrasound so far so good.  Baby is growing, active and heartbeat is strong.  I thank my doctor for taking such good care of me.  Dr. put me on progesteron shot 3 times a week, suppository and low dose asprin every day.  Ultrasound every week to make sure all is ok.  Dr. tells me it is a "Super Special Baby"  we will take good care of you.  At first I was scared to death of this pregnancy not sure if I was able to carry a baby at age 45.  But now I know I can.  Just 26 more weeks... hang in there my sweet little one.  To all you mommies-to-be out there... WE CAN DO IT!  Remember "If HE brings you to it, HE will bring you through it".  God Bless you all.
excellent news and thanks for updating :)
How beautiful that is. That you conceived naturally at 45. Like one lady posted take care of yourself and then you can say I did my best. If something does happen you can proudly say I gave it my all. God bless. I have one daughter and have been ttc with no baby dust. Good luck and Maggie bless you and give you the exact strength you need.
I wrote May God and the name Maggie was written....
Congratulations! I wish you great blessings and a healthy happy little one. I'm 46 and 6 weeks pregnant. I have a 15 year old and this is my husbands first. He is beyond himself with joy. We are all worried because of what can go wrong, but we pray everyday that we will see this miracle given to us born and blessed with health and happiness. My blood work and ultrasound have put a surprised look on my drs face because they are very good. God bless you and yours.
I'm so excited and happy for you that all is going well.   You are an inspiration.   I just learned yesterday that my little beans heart stopped at 8.5 weeks.   I am 45 and this was unplanned and an unexpected pregnancy, but I will still hoping that I would be blessed with another little miracle.   I have a 16 month old which I am so so grateful for and thought...maybe I am supposed to have another miracle.   but this one wasn't meant to be, but I'm sooo happy that some of you older mommies like me are going strong.    I'll be be in your corner High 5ing you all the way.
Congrats!! You and I have similar situations right now just an age difference but I am no young pup! I just turned 35 and found out i'm pregnant! Aug 15 I moved my daughter in to college :( and have a 12 year old at home. I feel the same as you as to where i'm exhausted constantly and am non stop sick! Hang in there and take care of yourself! :) best of luck and keep us posted!!
I am 40 and I am 12 weeks pregnant tommorrow.  Congrats on your pregnancy! We had 2 miscarriages last year. We are so excited that this pregnancy is going so well. My husband is 47 and this will be our first child.
We are a bit nervous because of our age,but we figure we will find a way to make this work.
I am a mum of 4.... 23, 20,15 & 6....I'm so broody I would love another but at 40 I'm concerned I'm too old...also I think my older kids wouldn't be very happy...don't know what to do...x
I'm 40 as of July and have wanted to have kids for some time. Naturally concieved and I am 9+ weeks in.  So happy to have found this forum, you ladies are an inspiration and a salve to all that negative information out there. Kudos!
Well done, it is scary I gave up with my own eggs at 42, it's so inspiring to see ladies my age doing this, I only know one person in my home life who achieved at 46, though I did hear of a teacher who got pregnant naturally and unexpectantly at 52 and had healthy twins!

Best wishes keep up regular checks and try to rest, I suffer high blood pressure but I do yoga breathing which really really helps, I do Accupuncture too whchich chills me completely, he is so good I sleep on his couch while he works his pins! He says I must keep my feet warm so I wear socks all day and night! So I say breathing and socks !!!
Hi there I too have grown up children . I worry so much about what they will think if me and DH realise our dream of having a child throughDE ivf. He has no children of his own and we are so in love but i had tubal years ago so with everything considered thought this our best chance. Plumber43 on this forum advised me as she too has older children. Basically they may at first be surprised but if they have been brought up to love and respect they will be happy for you. If they arent well tough!! They are adults . But i am sure they will be fine about it though Im not telling mine until definately pg.lol!! Best wishes.
I'm so sorry for your lost... I'm very sadden.  Please take care
and God bless.
So sorry your little guy didn't make it, I was rooting for you both! I am also 45 and just found out three days ago that I'm 8.5 weeks pregnant. This is my 6th child, my older kids are 22, 18, 13, 5 and 4. My eldest two daughters are both pregnant with their first baby, both expecting girls. The whole family is thrilled I'm having another but just having looked up the risks online I'm now terrified!
Congrats.... I'm also pregnant at 45.  21.5 weeks and still holding on.  Never in my wildest dream thought I would be pregnant at my age.  My (2nd) husband is so happy. This is our 1st child together.  Yes the risk at our age is so high but it is out of our hands.  God is in control of everything.  At 18 weeks my blood test shows 1:8 chance of a Down baby.  No matter what this is our baby and we will love him with all our hearts.  All we could do is pray pray and pray.  Last week we got the most amazing news... baby is healthy no genetic disorders.  This pregnant is so much harder that my other 2.  The constant heartburn, headaches, dizzness is driving me crazy.  But it's all so worth it...  God has blessed our family with so much more than we deserved.

Take care and God bless...
Congrats I admire you pray then leave everything in Gods hands, sure you'll be fine... I also trust he never gives us more than we can bear. This is my 2nd marriage & our first child together too, I conceived on clomid first time after trying naturally for a year! I am 38 & if your 45 & did it naturally good 4u! There's always risk if DS but it can be a positive negative. Good luck & keep us posted.
Congrats. I wished to be pregnant naturally like u if god wanted me to have another child. Im 44 & My son is already 16 yrs now & another baby would be a big present for my hubby birthday in Dec. I alread missed my period for 17 days now plus all pregnancy symptoms but urine showns negative. Maybe i will wait for another few days & test again. I've been trying for 15 yrs without any contraceptive and never been pregnant until now. Im keeping my fingers cross as im going to see the doc next week and hopefully something good will come up with gods will. You take care and i will pray for you & ur baby:-)
So how are things going now? Give us an update please....
Hi...I am 41 and trying to conceive but getting discouraged b/c had a misscariage 6 months ago and nothing after that. I have 2 beautiful boys (12 and 6 yrs. old)..did u take any vitamins or herbs to help u get pregnant?...would love some advice!!! Thanks!!!
No, after I found out I was pregnant this last time I started taking prenatal vitamins and after I lost my angel baby I didn't stop taking them. I lost my baby Oct 8 and just had my first period. I've never tried to have a baby  before I always just let nature take its course. I've never done anything special to conceive. My oldest two boys I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 5 months and my daughter I was three months.  The first two I lost I didn't know I was pregnant till I lost them. This last baby I lost I took a hpt it was neg so I thought I was not pregnant I was under a lit if stress at th time and didn't even think about being pregnant until someone said I should see a Dr. I took another hpt instead it was positive but I think I was already in the process of loosing it. I went to Dr. And measured me at 5w1d I lost the baby a week later.  If you find out a quick way to get a positive let me know all I know is to let nature take its course. Bd at the right time.
Hi!!
This board inspired me to join not only because I'm 45 and pregnant but for all the prayer and giving our pregnancies to God:) I am 6.1 weeks, got pregnant with my first IUI and Clomid. It was a pleasant  surprise, my HCG's have been going up normally until yesterday, was my 4th. They saw a sac only, my HCG went up but not as much as I hoped. My HCG was 1587 and yesterday it was 2529 there was 6 days between.  I go back Mon to repeat my U/S so am hoping for a change. Has this happened to anyone? It is so nice to have women in the same situations as support. Like you guys, I'm doing a lot of praying and putting my faith and trust in God!!! Blessings to you all!!!
Sometimes 6 weeks is too early to see anything.  I hope you hear some better news on Monday.  Please keep us posted.
I hope your ultrasound was positive.  I've had 4 mc now and all before 8 weeks.  At 44 I wasn't holding out much hope of conceiving either by ivf or naturally, particularly as this will be our first. My thoughts and prayers are will all women in the same situation.
Monday didn't go well, still a 5 wk sac, no heartbeat, I am heartbroken.  They told me they will watch my HCG till they are neg. I got a call later that day and was told my HCG is still going up so now they want to repeat the sono with my blood work on Fri. They told me not to get my hopes up as my body just doesn't know the baby isn't growing. This is what is the hardest being in limbo, I have no bleeding, no cramping same pregnancy symptoms. So on too Fri to hopefully get more definitive answers. My husband wants to try again because we got pregnant with our first IUI. I'm so scared of this heartache again. Thanks ladies for the support hard to find in our age range. Blessings to you all.
I am so sorry.  I just looked back at this posting and realized it's been over a week since you posted this.  How did everything go?  Thinking about you.
I hope everything has gone well for you.   I've faced the same situation twice now in 2012.    There are miracle stories out there though of people that have had everything end well.   My best wishes to you.
You have not been on this post in a while can you give us an update. I've been thinking about you. How are things going?
CONGRATULATIONS!  Your posting encourage me I pray blessing for your family and newest edition. God bless
Hi Kitty,

It is soooo inspirational to hear your story. I am soooo please for you. I recently had a miscarriage at 7 months (17th Dec 2012). I was 44 and have now turned 45. I was devastated but have picked myself up as much as possible and am still hoping and praying things happen again for us.

Please keep us all posted. How wonderful.
Hi Kitty5664
Sorry too many Kitty's!!
That msg was obviously meant for Kitty808. However I do wish you the VERY best.
Honey xx
Kitty808,

I have just left you a msg. Please keep us all updated...and give us hope xx
Hi ladies... I'm sorry it's has been so long since I updated my status.  First of all I'm very sadden by some of the heartbroken news... my thoughts and prayers are with all of you tonight.  
Here's an update on my little boy... 32 weeks and still hanging in there.  It's hasn't been easy these past few months.  It's just so hard on my 45 yr old body.  I'm so proud of my little boy for bring so strong.  We beat the odds (1:8 chance) of having a DS baby.  Amniocentesis confirmed baby is healthy free of any genetic diseases.  He is growing at a healthy weight even thru I've developed diabetes at 23 wks it's so hard trying to control every bite I put in my mouth.  But what i worry most it's my high blood pressure.  I know it can really hurt my baby if it gets any higher.  I keep telling myself just 8 more weeks, hang in there my little one soon you will be in mommy's arms.  To every ladies out there, please don't give up, be strong.  I will praying for everyone one of you.  God Bless.
~ kitty808
That is wonderful news, i'm so pleased for you. I know, having diabetes is hard, i too suffered with my last 2 children having it, just waiting now to see if #3 makes me have it....................but if thats the worst that can happen, i'm not too worried. Even if your bub was to be born now, due to high blood pressure, or anything else (heaven forbid!) he is healthy and would be fine. All the best for the rest of your pregnancy, please keep us updated as your time draws closer!
I'm 44 in two weeks time, just found out I'm pregnant and I'm flipping terrified. I work full time and have three sons 24, 9 & 7. And a granddaughter of 18 months!!! My eldest is going to go nuts! I feel so selfish because I don't know what to feel :'-( I know I've been blessed. But, I'd got my life back. I can't go part time or stop work. Worried about how it's going to affect my kids, my relationship (he's 29 and over the moon) and the baby. Terrified of miscarriage or complications. When the child hits 16 I'll be 60!! In shock and head is a mess
Great news I'm 45 tpo and hoping one more xxx
: )  Baby Ethan born on 1/30/2013 at 5 lbs. 18.11".  I went in for an emergency c-section.  Delivered 5 weeks earlier than expected due to my uncontrollable high blood pressure.  Ethan spent 10 days in the NICU.  Ethan is now all better weighting 10 lbs.at 10 weeks old.  I just turned 46 a month ago so Ethan was the best birthday present sent from heaven.  

Take care everyone.... God Bless!!
Congratulations on the birth of baby Ethan :) well done :)
Congratulations!! Im very happy for you, your pregnancy and delivery went well!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! You gave me hope.
Lots of love and hugs to you and your family.
God bless you and Baby Ethan. May he give you and your husband much joy.
I totally agree. HE will protect and watch over you. I am also 45 and first time pregnant. Have struggled with infertility for many years. Had 4 m/cs and just came off the adoption list after 3 yrs...and Surprise. I also have only one tube because of a previous eptopic. This is definately our "miracle" baby!! Good Luck to you and Congratulations. ( I am 13 wks 2day)
Congrat To all with successfully get pregnant after your 45. I am so happy for you all as I know there is so much out there same age wanted to have a baby.
And I am almost coming 46 in a few months.
Sadly I was also trying real hard to get my first baby, which i guess, the god hasn't granted me yet...
I went ivf twice and failed, now am on TMC trying natural.
I was depress and heart broken again as I tested yesterday it was negative. TMC told me to hang in there as long as my period DIDNT come it still has chance.probably still early to test on day 28. Some people need longer time to get result. So I am now fingers crossed Hoping and praying it hard that little bean still there and stick sick
Exhausted of this emotional roller coaster for so many years.
When can I get it? I want to be a mummy...
Any remedies what you all are eating, eg food fruits and vit?
I have taken melatonin and dhea till big o . I also take TMC medication including heap of vit.

Sagi
Congrats!!!  Hang in there... So you are about 16 weeks right?  Pls take care of yourself and the little one.  Stay relax & try not to do too much .  I know it's hard on your body.  I had a really hard time but was able to hold on til 35 weeks.  My little boy is 7 months now & is doing well.   God bless you and your little one.
Thank you so much.  Baby Ethan is now 7 months and doing well.  Take care and God bless.
Hi ladies.  I just turned 46 and my husband and I decided we'd like to try for another baby.  We have 3 kids, 27, 19,16.  But after reading so many negative comments and the slim chance of conceiving, high chance of miscarriage and birth deformities, have felt very discouraged and a little depressed. Just today I had an appointment with a new on/gyn (moved to another state) and debated for days whether to even mention it to her that we'd like to try for another baby, for fear she would basically laugh at me. But I did and surprisingly she was very positive about it.  Of course she did tell me the statistics but said she has lots of patients well into their 40's having babies. She specializes in high risk pregnancies.  It was her suggestion to do blood work and an ultrasound to check everything out to see if everything was working properly for a potential pregnancy.  Also, said are things we can do to improve chances.  Though I am not getting my hopes up not knowing what my blood work will show, I am also feeling a lot more positive about it.  And to think I basically just picked her out of the phone book.  Glad I chose her.  Now will wait for ultrasound next month and news of blood work.  Love reading over 40 pregnancy success stories.  Hope to be one! :)
God bless you and I believe you were chosen to have another baby by God and he will bless talky and you hubby and your baby to be...you can do it...my two are 18 & 13 and we are having a baby in April. I was a single mom for 14 years and I made it so can you! Keep praying and you will be fine.
Didn't realize that your post was from last year! Lol congratulations on your healthy baby I hope all is going well with you and your husband and little baby Ethan enjoy your new miracle!
Thank you so much FancieT ... Congrats on your new baby coming soon in April !!!    Take good care of yourself and your little precious baby.  May God bless you and your family with all His best.
Hi Like you it gets depressing reading negativity so I try not too.... I am 46 and like you at first was scared to say I really want a child and then to ask for help... I havent even told my sister as I will get do you know what the % of this and that is she wont say it but i know like many others they will be saying at her age....... well YEP at my age and il make a great mum too like all of you... how special would it be to say hey mum and dad wanted you here so much we planned for you to come

here is my story so far... (sorry if I go on and on)

I was using OPK on a regular basis &  I thought I wasn't ovulating as it kept coming back neg and due to my age I had to swallow my pride and go see the fertility specialist my doctor wanted me to see (wish I had of done it earlier) anyway the specialist calls me and said the blood tests are good im ovulating perfectly... (still not sure why they were coming back neg)

next step HSG OMG why didn't I read the part where women take sedatives before going I read bad cramps so im no sook by any means but holly molly....... even one of my contacts popped  out lol I was suppose to watch the screen and i thought i am in so much pain I cant face it... all i kept saying was suck it up im sure having a child is worse.. after 5 minutes it was all over with... when it finished he said all done the tubes are clear I said WHAT i went thru that for noting he said well actually sometimes they get sticky and yours were both stuck one more than the other

I am gathering that is why it was so painful, the balloon they use to hold the iodine in is what causes the pain and he needed to do that for them to open (that's what he told me its not the fluid itself) so if this works I will be one happy little camper ;-) or should i say mummy to be :)

Its now 3 weeks after the test and I am praying that is what I needed im trying not to get my hopes up and keep saying il be able to try next month

Im so tired of the last 3 days before my period & checking my underwear for blood or watching my temp stay high'and thinking could i? is this it??? only to be let down

they say don't stress hard not too when you see the clock ticking as I say to my partner if I try regularly every month then I can cope as I know Ive tried and its not meant to be.... when we don't I feel that time has slipped away that I will never get back and that is a waste he has two grown up children i have none

1 more day till aunt flow is due fingers crossed I get some good news... not that I tried much this month my partner wasn't well... as i said to him suck it up you have the rest of your life to get sick I really need to concentrate on the next 3 months as they say that's your highest chance of conceiving if they were stuck/blocked otherwise then  i look at IUI?

I hope more women in this age bracket would write positive stories and uplifting ones to inspire all of us that are trying good luck to everyone and hopefully your wishes along with mine come true this year for those who have suffered loses my thoughts are with you
Hi there, im 43 and 11 weeks pregnant with my fiancĂ© of 28, all these numbers eh? That is just what it is,  numbers.  The only number that means anything is 2, you and baby. I'm keeping positive as you should and take each and every day as a blessing as what we are cooking is a little miracle!  When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! Best of luck and chin up xxx
so nice to read some positive stories...I'm 45 and have just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant with no 3.  I was in total shock and now I'm getting my head round it I desperately want it to survive first trimester & be healthy. I'm totally terrified about the statistics and risks,it's msking me sick with worry. it will be the longest couple of months....I'm trying hard to take it one day at a time. I have a 4yr old & a 21 month old at home.....don't give up on your dream to be mums.
shocked stunned flipping out worried...  6 thrilled46! naturally...thank you for all the stories good and bad...  good are preferred!

my story...  I have 3 with my first husband. 22. 16 and 14. divorced several years ago and recinnected with furst boyfriend who was being divorce by his exwife (they have 5!) we fell back in love I was 41 and we started to try to have a baby. no luck. tumors, miscarriages, and then nothing for 3 years niw....  we gave up. now. suddenly. we are married happy  and had given up on that baby...  

pregnancy test /symptoms confirm it. he is thrilled, im terrified. see doctor next week.
Congratulations! I'm 12 wks 3 days pregnant with identical twins! First pregnancy and I'm 41. Natural too. I often say if God brought u to it he will bring you through it. Relax and try and be present. All the best!
ty. still reeling actually...  have only told a few people.  8 weeks nowlots of nausea.  my emotions are all over the board. can't sleep more than an hour.  breasts are so sore...  forgot how much I hated being pregnant atg three times lol. too late now. this is the farthest ive gotten yet with my husband....  this ones atrong... I can feel it...
Quick update. 27 weeks now baby and I are great. Tired a lot and he could sleep more lol but we're both very healthy and the whole family is super happy.
Hi my name is Nicola I am 45 and have just found out I am pregnant with my sixth child I have a girl 23 and four boys 17 15 9 and 4.  I have  mixed emotions atm I am scared In case I miscarry and scared at the fact of having a baby at 46 as I will be before the baby arrives   I am 6 weeks so it is early days and all the things you read about older women having  children.  After reading all the comments it has given me an uplift God willing all will be well.  I hope you are well    
Congratulations Nick! Find a very good "elderly pregnancy" doctor and a maternal fetal care clinic with the ability to do extensive testing. It will either ease your mind as its did for me or allow you to prepare for whatever you may need to prepare for.  That said I'm surprised at how many women our age area naturally pregnant and doing just fine. :)  good luck!
Yes I will do that just so I know what to prepare for I have not been to the doctors yet! I am going tomorrow. I cant get my head around it its all so surreal.  I hope you are well it is encouraging about the amount of women our age who are doing fine it  has helped reading these comments.
HI , IM 45 AND JUST FOUND OUT LAST wEEK IM PREGNANT, VERY SHOCKED AS I HAVE 3 CHILDREN, 16, 11, AND 6, IM SO wORRIED AND SCARED THAT IM GOING TO LOOSE THIS BABY I HAD A MIS CARRAIGH BEFORE MY 6 YEAR OLD AND wAS  HEARTBROKE,TRYING TO KEEP POSTIVE THAT EVERYTHING GOES OK, CANT wAIT FOR MY VISIT TO THE HOSPITAL TO HEAR THAT HEARTBEAT, IM 9 wEEKS, XX
Hi lam Sharon l am 45 and just found out lam 4 weeks pregnant l have 4 children ages 14, 12, 5, 2. I finished breastfeeding in January l am so so shocked and very scared.  I have also had 3 c-sections any help, We are also Christians. God bless all you ladies.
I am also 44 and just found out that I am pregnant with my fourth child! I am only 5 weeks and scared to death too! My appt isn't until May 15:/ I have hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, and endometriosis. The dr told me that it would be almost impossible to get pregnant and if I did more than likely it would be in my tubes. Well it made it to the right place and I am soo worried! I have a 24, 19, and 13 year old... Reading these posts have helped some but I am still in shock!
I am 45 and I think I'm pregnant. I have no cycle, but I do have the bloating that is usually associated with it. I feel just like I did when I found out I was pregnant five years ago. However, I'm in perimenopause and can't be certain. I have to get a test today. My last cycle was 3/16/14 and my husband and I were intimate on 4/3/14. He is 57. Wow. He has three children 30, 15, 13 and I have two 22 and 16. Together we have a 4 y.o. Obviously, God has plans for us that are way outside my realm of possibility. Please keep us in your prayers. If I am pregnant I will have to keep it secret for quite some time to avoid negativity. My husband gets upset lately and can't sleep over small stresses so I will have to wait to tell him for a long while, too. Feeling a little alone, but it is better than the negative comments, etc., that I had five years ago at 40. People will really have a heyday with this one. I prefer to keep it to myself for as long as possible. Thank you for your prayers and allowing me to get this off my chest. I don't have anyone to talk to about this at this point in time.  :)
Hello everyone!  Congrats to all you new mommy to be.  Hang in there, you are all strong and beautiful women.  Just remember to take things slow and easy one day at a time.  
Here's an update on me and little boy... I'm 47 now and doing fine.  My little Ethan is 15 months @ 22.5 lb and in perfect health.  His is just the cutest little boy.  We love him so much.  My O.B insist I won't need anykinds of birth control saying it's impossible to get pregnant at my age.  But my husband and I are very nervous when it's close to that time of the month.  We hope the Dr. Is right that we won't get pregnant.  LOL my husband said he won't be able to handle me being pregnant again.  Take care and God Bless.