Insomnia part of pregnancy????
I work nights like from 4pm to 2am sometimes 6pm to 10pm or 12am.  when I come home from work I don't get to sleep till around 5 or 6 am in the morning,  I wake from anywhere around midmorning to 2 or 3 in the afternoon.  I don't know if I have insomnia and can this be part of pregnancy???  I have felt sick the last couple of days. An a thick white discharge in my underwear,  not a lot but its there. These seem to be the only signs I have right now if I am.  What do u think?????  And yes  it's 545am and am still awake...
How far along are you?  Insomnia in late pregnancy is pretty common due to discomfort.  Nausea can do that as well.
I was admitted for pre-term labor and spent 48 hours in intensive care.  I could not sleep at all since I was attached to too many monitors that beeped plus they were checking my blood pressuree every 20 min, etc.  The hospital gave me a sleeping pill (Ambian) that worked really well.  They said it was perfectly safe during prenancy.  
If I calculate from the first day of my last period 3 weeks.  I am waiting to take HPT  test in the next 4 days. And I have only been like this in about the last week.   And I got up at noon today. So I got approx 6 hours sleep today.  
I am 23 weeks tomorrow and am having horrible insomnia. I am not worried about anything, so it must be hormonal. I will be discussing this with my midwife at my next appointment.
Im 8 1/2 months and cant sleep at all have a very big belly lots of heartburn and nothing seems to help asked my Dr. she said its normal as for my constant leg pains and back nothing can be done...Good luck to all n God bless