Irritable uterus causes preterm labor
Hi. Does anyone experience having irritable uterus that causes frequent mild to moderate contractions? I am at 34 weeks  now and confined for 1 week already due to contractions. my cerviex is fully closed and i do not experience pain during contractions.

During confinement, they put me in Terbutaline drip, Nifedipine and Augmentin antibiotics. They saw growth in mt swab and culture test. After antibiotic i still have contractions and they even put me on sedation to control my contractions. I am on close monitoring in a special unit hooked in fetal monitor. I wanna go home but they said they need to control contractions before they send me home. Its been a week and I feel more depressed in the hospital.
Ahh, I'm so sorry.  This is hard.  But please hang in there and do as doctors are telling you.  Premature babies can have many complications.  Take this as time to read, watch endless bad tv, etc.  Home is obviously much more comfortable but they can't monitor you as they are in the hospital and should you go into labor, you are in the right place to get the care you and baby need.  We're here to chat with and help the time go faster.  And in the end, you will be thankful you stayed. all your depression will be washed away when you have a healthy baby.  stay in touch and let us know how it goes!
Hello dear.How are you feeling now? Better I guess. I know it may be difficult to be in confinement but pls just hold on. You are almost there. Remember that the doctors know what's best for you and baby. And all your discomfort will be forgotten when you have your little angel in your arms. I'll pray for you. And be sure to give baby a kiss for me when he/she arrives. God bless you both
hi there.  I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing.  How are you feeling?  Was thinking about you.  Hope all is well
Hello to my Fellow Moms here. Happy Mother's day and hank you for your response. Wasnt able to get online in the last 2 weeks.

I was discharged after 7 days in High Risk Pregnancy Unit for close monitoring. Thank God contractions stops thats why Dr order for discharged. Im still on bed rest but no longer taking Terbutalin Sulfate. Last week I went back to my Obgyne for check up and my cervix is fully closed but still have some mild contractions. I still experience tummy tightening at home but Im not so worried anymore bec as per my Dr, if I deliver anytime it should be safe already. Next week, May 26 is already my schedule for CS bec Baby is still breech and has nuchal cord.

Oh, that is wonderful news!!!!  I'm really glad to hear this!  Let us know how it goes.  are you bored on bed rest?  :))
Hi. Yes I'm bored but thanks to my hubby who is very hands on taking care of me. Plus I have our dog with me in the room so it really helps to lessen the boredom. I think the advantage of being on bed rest is that you can catch up on your readings and can gain friends and support system from forums like this. Thanks Specialmom! :)