Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Is 5 days before period too soon to take a preg test?

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My honey and I are going to a big birthday bash this weekend.  I plan to have some wine and maybe a couple drinks.  I know that we are suppose to wait until a missed period to take a pregnancy test.  My honey and I have been trying to conceive and this weekend will be five days before my period is suppose to start.  I don't want to drink alcohol if Im pregnant.  Do you think I should test?  Do you think five days is too soon?
I think 5 days is too soon. Some HPT do claim early results, but I don't think I'd trust it until at least the first day of a missed period.
if you are 5 days early you most likely will have a neg even if pg.  ive had a pos with a few pgs early and with my last not till the day after i was due.
I don't think 5 days is to soon. I took a test tonight just 7 days after ovulation and its positive! This is the thing though the test you take 5 days before won't be reliable unless its positive probably. Like you could get a negative result and then get a positive a few days later. Some women don't get a positive preg test until they are late for their period. So if you test and get a negative result on 5 days before I still wouldn't drink cuz that could be a false positive!