Is Monistat safe during pregnancy?
I am 28 weeks pregnant and have a mild yeast infection.  My current OB said to go ahead and use Monistat 7, but the first OB that I went to (earlier in my pregnancy did NOT want me to use anything for a yeast infection that I had earlier in the pregnancy.)  I ate plenty of yogurt and finally got rid of that yeast infection.  How safe is it to use Monistat 7?  I don't want to do anything to harm my baby, but I also was told that having infections can lead to preterm labor so I need to get rid of this yeast infection.  Thanks in advance for your responses.
I worried the same thing...I have had 2 during my PG.....1 time early one the Dr gave me a one dose to use then the last one they told me to get at least the 3 dose..not the single dose.  I did read up online because I was nervous and YES they say it is fine but to use the lower dosage.  TGood luck they are not fun ...good thing is I havent got another since***knock on wood**
FYI...I thought i had one and my dr said not to inject it directly in but that it was ok just to apply around.  I know the dr can also verify if you do truly have one and there is some safe medication they can prescribe.  Luckily i didn't have one but good luck.
Thanks for your responses.  I'm taking advice from both of you.  I'm applying the Monistat only on the outside and I'm  going to apply it for 3 days only.  It seems to be helping, but the itch may return after the three days.  Thank you for all of your valuable information.
You have to see your doctor anyway for prenatal care see what they recommend.

Theres a difference of opinion on using Monistat while your pregnant. Some doctors say it's ok as long as its used not used internally and some oppose it all together.  Read the first post where it says Related Discussions or google  Is Monistat safe to use while pregnant to get some more views..
Sorry my post above was meant for a question in another area.
I'm 15 weeks pregnant and have a infection. How do I apply the mon
istat?