Joint stiffness
BMM
Towards the last half of my pregnancy my joints began to swell and stiffen, especially my fingers and toes.  It was to the point where most of my fingers and toe joints would lock and I would have to force them to bend.  I thought it was water retention in my joints.  I am now 7 weeks post partum (after having a c-section) and all my joints are feeling better, I am no longer retaining any water, but I still have the symtoms in my fingers.  My knuckles are still stiff and painful, although not very swollen, and some are still locking.  My symtoms are always the worst through the night and when I wake up in the morning.  Does this have anything to do with the relaxin secretion during my pregnancy and if so, will it eventually go away?
Dear BMM

I am just a couple of weeks away from my first delivery and even i am having similar symptoms with more stiffness of proximal interphalangeal joints (both hands) in the morning which becomes less severe till evening. But i feel conscious of this stiffness during the day.
I would like to know how long this persisted for you after delivery?
I just hope it resolves completely and does not turn out to be any severe illness.

Kirti
I am now feeling the same thing, what is it I am really in a panic.