Just found out I have one tube open! (hsg)
Ok I went to have a HSG done today. I had a tubal reversal done May 20th. So today I found out that my right tube is closed and my left tube is open. I'm really bummed . So I was wanting to know if any of you lady's have the same problem as me and wanting to know if anyone has gotten prego with one tube open . And what did the DR do for you to enhance you getting prego. Any info would be great.
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I went for my tubal reversal in June 07 and had my HSG done in Sep 07.  At first appearances, both of my tubes were completely blocked but after further study, the Dr. determined that I had some spillage to my right ovary. Hence, I had hope of conceiving with one partially open tube.  After trying unsuccessfully for almost a year, and feeling frustrated and hopeless, my Dr. decided that (after revieving the HSG Xrays again) that the squeeze into the fallopian tube was too small so that my only hope of conceiving was to have a procedure, called Tubal Recanalization to open both my tubes up.This was our last resort before IVF, as the Dr said I had virtually no hope of getting pregnant without this procedure. I was supposed to undergo this procedure this September but could not, as I recently found out I was pregnant (without the aid of fertility drugs).  Do not give up hope because all you need is one functioning tube to conceive.  Best of luck!!!
I have not had a tubal done to need a reversal but did want to add that my SIL was born with one tube and ovary. It only takes one of each on the same side to have a baby. You only ovulate (normally) from one ovary a  month so pregnancy is very possible as long as there is no blockage. On another note she did not know this until she went to get her tubes tied and was told she only had one tube. Boy was she surprised.

Good Luck
I am not in your obat, but my best friend is 39, and just had a baby in April. Her 1st and she had PCOS as well as only one open tube. Fertility drugs assisted, they tried for 8 months, but it happened - so never give up hope !
Thanks for the information. That really makes me feel better. whoo. I go to my RE on Friday to review our options and I'm gonna bring this up. Because the RE that did the HSG on Monday said that they would'nt go back in and open that right tube. As i was laying there and he told me that ..I quickly asked him will Dr T reopen it and why not. Now it makes me wonder why he would say no. Its not that big of a procedure they run a line through the the U -to the Tube and try to unblock it. But i appreciate the info. I'll report back let you know what they said..
Thanks for the positive attitude. Kinda bummed with one tube but like you said it will happen . But it will take way longer. I hope it doesn't take a year.. (ish) :(  I've only been trying for three months and my tubal reversal was done only in may.. I'm not the big wait and see  person. lol
Thanks for the information. Any positive information is good for me.
Wow, your story is so much like mine! I had TR in April (got preg. in June, but was ectopic) had a HSG on Sept 15 and found out my right tube is closed but left is open. I am also very bummed b/c I am 35 and so worried after the ectopic. The dr. that performed the HSG said to try for 4 more months and if not preg. by then, I should meet with my Dr. to discuss options. Anyway, good luck to both of us!!!
Hi, I would like to add, there are plenty of women on this site that has gotten pregnant with one tube being open. Tanker chic lost one of her tubes and then got pregnant and had a healthy baby boy!

I too had a TR and got pregnant right awat and then lost it to ectopic pregnancy, waited a few months and then got pregnant again. Had a baby boy in May 08! Don't give up!

Didn't your doctor run dye through your tubes during the procedure to make sure both tubes were open?
Yea he did run  the die test after the procedure and said both were open. Well thats what he said. But I had a allergic reaction to the sutures he used and had an infection. So I'm wondering if the infection caused the closed tube on my right side. I go today at pm to find out our options and to see what can we do to enhance a faster pregnancy.. lol
I wish you luck, maybe the doc could put something in there to keep the tubes open?
I only have one tube and I'm about as fertile as they come..  I've been pregnant 4x in two years .  with two losses...  I had my tube removed due to an ectopic that ruptured..   you can still get pregnant every month.  the tubes act as vacuums to pick up the egg..  they can pick up the egg from the opposite side too..  good luckk...  
Wow! That's what worries me about ectopic. I only have one good tube and if that happens... That would suck. I go back today to the Drs. To discuss the test. So I'll report later and let you know what he said..Good luck too you as well.
So you were pregnant with one tube 4x wow.. I have hope.. (yea). I wish i was as fertile as they come. My son and daughter are six years apart. So its not easy for me. But Im staying positive.. lol Are you trying as well to get prego or are you prego with one tube..
has anyone had the surgery to unblock their tubes (recanalization, tuboplasty)
I have heard of it. But Dr's are leery of it. Because it can cause more damage than whats already there. I asked about that. He told me no. You can still get prego off one. I told him I want two. He didnt want to take the risk ff infection or more scaring.
hello, i just got a tr on the 14th of march. i only had one ovary to start with on the right side but two tubes. the dr told me that the left side is open and very good but the right side could not be fixed. now i have one good tube and one ovary on oppisite sides, i can only have faith and hope that i will achieve a healthy baby...good luck to both of us...susan
I only have my left fallopian tube and both my ovaries. I got pregnant with my son who is now 7 with just one fallopian tube ,and after having an ectopic pregnancy!!!!! I'm am hoping to pregnant soon and i can't afford the IVF. Do anyone recommend a Dr. i can see or financial service that is available?
i had a hsg done they could only see one of the ovary i dont no where it could have be hiding lol and on that same side it was block and on the left o dont no if it any good... what happen next and what is the sugar that someof u are taking about it i mite have to have that tube out hoe do they do it
Im freaking Im 25 and a single mother of a 2 year old He was born 10-7-07 got my tubes tied that dec and the past few weeks my stomach is been doing something weaid. Just had my cycle last week but I eating more stomach feels tight all the time haveing trouble sleeping at night. have the back aches and etc. I would like to have another baby but not right now I dont know whats going on and scared to go to the doc. any one got any info on what could be happening with me  
i been trying for years to have another baby for yrs i went to the doctor he did the dye found out i had my left tube block he said there was a chance i could get pregnant it's been 4yrs havn't got pregnant yet so i stop trying  i''m 47 now but i was then trying to give my husband a baby but it's not him it's me he went out side our marriage and had a baby she's three now now i think i'm too old now but he still want to try but i don;t
hi i want to now can i get pregnant after geting my tubes burned are not
I just had my HSG test done today 05-05-11 and my right tube is blocked:-(  I am so bummed out about that.  What I am wondering, for those of you who got preganent anyway, how long did it take you after the HSG test.  In addition, did anyone go on Clomid after the HSG test was done.  PLEASE let me know

Thank you for your help.
This is kind of getting me nervous. I had my tubes untied in October. I go get the HSG done on the 19th . My husband and I have been trying since the surgery..and so far nada. I re-did the blood work , had the vaginal ultrasound done. I have 11 follicles..they said that was good. But the nurse saud she thinks there may be liquid in my right ovary. Im kind of scared. Im 43 and my husband is 32.
I have had 4 m/c, the last one 2 yrs ago which was an eptopic which leaves me with both ovaries and one tube. I had a HSG done and that one tube is open!! Sometime I can feel when I'm ovulating, kinda painful but no luck getting pregnant. Really don't want to travel the path of IVF or those types of things. What could I do to increase my chances to getting pregnant. Do fertiliy watches or monitors work, how would I know if I am ovulating from the "good" side? I haven't taken any pregnancies test in the last 2 yrs only becuase if I m/c I'd rather not know. can anyone help???
I had my tubes reversed June 2011 and my husband and I have been trying every since but unfortunately nothing has happen. So I went for an HSG today December 2011 the Dr. said that the tube on the left side was open but the tube on the right side was not flowing down it looked like it was blocked. My question is how long will it take for me to become pregnant with just one tube and is there anything that I can take to hurry the process. Please reply ASAP we're not getting younger........
Hello everyone, been trying to gt Pregnant since April, that like 4mnths nw. My Dr. Said I should go for HSG, just gt my HSG result today and am so depress. I just google it and find myself here. The result conclusion show dt patient Right Fallopian Tube, left Perifibrial Blockage and Uterine Synaechia. But am seeing my Dr tomorrow. Am encouraged with all I read bt whats the implication of all this with the fact that my husband will be traveling this mnth, to return Dec. Or Jan. all I read is to keep trying. Cant wait to av my children.