LH surge versus menopause?
Is it possible to have a +LH surge and be menopausal right in the same month? I've tested with ovulation kit and came out +ve for about to ovulate. After TTC, same month for the first time I missed my period by more than a week to-date. Took HPT and came out twice -ve. I'm stumped. Just passed my 41st birthday 2 months+ ago.
My experience was I was told by three different drs I was in early menopause however when we were ttc I would get positive ovulation tests.  So I would say yes its possible.  Good luck
You may be entering perimenopause...which can go on for quite some time. It does not mean you won't be able to get pregnant.
You are not considered in menopause until you haven't had a period for a year.  Perimenopause can last up to 10 years, and you do still ovulate during this time, although it is common for your cycles to be irregular.  

Having an LH surge does not necessarily mean you ovulated.  All it tells you is that your body is gearing up to, or attempting to ovulate.  Sometimes you won't and then may experience another surge later on in your cycle.  Given that the majority of us will get our periods 14 days after ovulation, it's possible that even though you had a surge, you didn't actually ovulate until later on.  

I would probably make a quick trip to the Dr. for bloodwork and go from there.  If you didn't ovulate at all, you may require prometrium to kick start your cycle again.