Miscarriage at 12.5 weeks after hearing good news from 11.5 week ultrasound! Did I do something?
I am so sad, as I went to the doctor on Wed. for my monthly checkup and after telling me that everything was excellent on my 11.5 week ultrasound and bllod test, he asked if I wanted to hear the heartbeat. We both got very concerned when he couldn't hear anything, he sent me to the hospital for a ultrasound right away and they confirmed that indeed the baby had passed way at 12.5 weeks.
I had a D&C last night, and I am feeling very sad and depressed. This is my fourth miscarriage.
In this case I was using a frozen embryo (from 4 years ago), I am 41 now, I have had 2 other D&C's.
Is it my age, the fact I have had other D&C's, the fact that i was on a 3 hour drive a couple of weeks ago, or any other reason that you can think off besides chromosomes abnormality that could have been a factor?
I knew this was my last chance and it has left me very empty and  hopeless. I am not sure how I can get back to normal!

Please help
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. These are things that most of the time we have no control over, I am praying for your speedy healing...Don't give up there is still a chance that you can conceive.  You are in my prayers and thoughts.  

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a baby last October. I went to see my priest and let me tell you what he said. He said God needed my husband and I to make that soul but he needed that soul in Heaven with Him.  He said our baby is happy and is watching over us like we watched over him when he was here on earth. We are parents. We just have a baby in Heaven.  His words made me feel so much better. I hope it makes you feel better too. My heart goes out to you. I'm 37 only 4 years younger than you. I'm now 10 weeks pregnant and pray this little guy sticks. I know how hard it is but you will have your baby. Have you asked your doctor about getting on progesterone and baby aspirin?
I am so very sorry.  How heartbreaking this must have been.  Please know that it is highly highly unlikely due to anything you did or did not do.  The overwhelming majority of the time, first trimester miscarriage is due to a chromonsonal abnormality. You cannot control that.  Sometimes environmental factors can play a role..things such as drug use, but I am fairly confident that was not the case.  It is almost impossible to miscarry a healthy baby.  Age can play a role.  We are more likely to miscarry as we get older. This is due to our eggs being older and therefore more likely to have a chromosonal abnormality.  But that sure doesn't mean it's always the case.  I had 5 miscarriages from the age of 37 to 40 before having a healthy baby at 41.  

I wish you peace and healing.  I am so very sorry for your loss.
Thank you for your responses! The fact that you took the time to write back means a lot to me.
I am so sorry for your loss (((hugs))) I think staned and adgal had some very good insights.