Multiples
Hi, I'm 37 and trying to concieve.  This is the first time i have used fertility durugs.  I just have a couple of questions
I was taking clomid this cycle day 5-day 9. I havent ovualted yet, but i went to docor today and he stated that i have 4 mature egg follices and I have to take a hcg shot tomorrow, and then my IUI on Weds.

1. What will happen after I take the hcg shot/
2. Since I am releasing 4 eggs, does that mean i will have triplets?

Please help......
After your hcg shot, your eggs will be released anywhere between 24-48 hours later.  So your doc, or nurse will inject the purified semen inside your uterus.  It will take no time at all and it doesn't really hurt either.  It may be a bit uncomfortable.  After the procedure is done, they may let you lie down for a bit, or not, it depends on the doctor.  Then you go on with life as you normally would.  In two weeks they will do a pregnancy test.  If positive, then they will repeat the test 48 hours later to confirm the growth of the embryo.  If it is negative, you will get your period soon after.  

Having 4 mature eggs does not necessarily mean that you'll have multiples.  It will, however increase your chances to get at least one embryo implant.  Good luck with your quest and keep us posted!    
I tried Clomid 3 times, each time I had 1 or 2 good follicles and unfortunately I never got pregnant with it. So your chances of having triplets are not that's high, you'll be lucky to have one embryo - though 4 good follicles is very good and greatly improve your chances! Good luck!
I know someone who conceived 5 babies thru IUI although she tried selective reduction & lost them all.  The point is that anything can happen.  
Also, IUI is how Kate Gosselin conceived from Jon & Kate plus 8.

God has a plan for all of us...........best wishes to you.
Thanks everyone for your comments and wishes....
@ Kricket212, i spoke to my doctor and he did suggest that i can have a fetal reduction if i want to, but now readig your comment with that person losing all embroys, i willjust have to pray for da best and wait and sees what god gives me.  I cant take that risk at all....
I will definitely keep everyone updated...